LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
i would never use blocks after hearing all the horror stories about them but then again i have no personal experiance with them, i'll stick to the accurates or sw-3's.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I think everyone will agree they look cleaner, never had a problem with blocks, but I've gone through some individuals before...

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Yes blocks look cleaner but i would only use them if you have fire ins on your car and you don't like it cause they suck ass and will lock on if u put any decent voltage to them

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so in your best opinion what would be the safest voltage to run them at??

It just that I have a friend interested in them and I don't have enough experience with them...

I'm voting single solenoids but it'll be wired at 48volts if they do go in the trunk of this car...

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
I've always used solenoids, worst thats ever happened to me is that they stick when the burn but thats only sometimes....now as far as blocks, like everybody says....they look great but I've seen quite a few catch on fire with little or no effort at all.....when using solenoids I've noticed thats it's best to run one solenoid to every 12 volt......u running 48 volts run 4 solenoids.....Just my $.02

L8

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Damn, haven't seen the solenoid-vs-block debate in a long while.

Anyway, I think the overwhelming majority will point to solenoids as the way to go. If you want to REALLY start the curse words flying, ask everyone what TYPE of solenoid to use.

By the way, I use the basic Ford S63P.

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
I like the Ford Starter Solenoids, because the auto parts store down the street has a grip of those bitches for $5 a piece... :cool:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by Naughty T@Jan 10 2004, 01:19 AM
I like the Ford Starter Solenoids, because the auto parts store down the street has a grip of those bitches for $5 a piece... :cool:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've had people think I had a Fireworks show going on in my S-10. WTF, my shit is on fire...Fucken BLOCK'S suck. Great for SPARK SHOW on the BLVD's when your 96 volts. But at 48 volts, it ran fine, just dont keep using them when ur batteries are really low. They will burn up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts