LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which do you prefer? im starting to get more and more into bags and im using relays, i have yet to use a solenoid, which are better? and also which solenoid to use? the average compressor runs about 20 amps i think, can a regular solenois do that continously?

·
Registered
307 Posts
so do u need relays if ur runnin a solenoid just wonder cuz im new to air and my set up cam with relays but the guy sold me a soli and the relays were fuckin confusing me

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone know which solenoid to use? i dont wanna use relays on my truck.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by phatz@Sep 24 2007, 03:03 PM~8859843
ford relays are not 100 duty cycle.  The ones we use are!
We have them on our site.
ill check it out, any idea what continous amperage they handle?

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by impala_631@Sep 24 2007, 02:11 PM~8859533
use relays, i see people useing ford style starter solinoids, wich arent ment to stay on for long periods
:nono: solenoids are better than relays

·
Registered
480 Posts
dude listen i got a solinoid then lasted me 4 days and it fryed, i didnt know that. what a waste of my 7.87 i know cuz i went to return it and autozone said no warranty on electrical parts F&^^

·
Registered
14 Posts
i'm running my 2 480s off of my Stinger SR-80..........treats me good.....i have it for 2 months and my car is a daily driver....always hitting them switches

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by miguel6632@Sep 27 2007, 11:54 PM~8885865
dude listen i got a solinoid then lasted me 4 days and it fryed, i didnt know that. what a waste of my 7.87 i know cuz i went to return it and autozone said no warranty on electrical parts F&^^
you definately got the wrong solenoid, you need onme that handles mre amperage than the ones at auto zone

·
Registered
994 Posts
ive been running 4 Air Zeniths off 2 continues duty solenoids for over 2 years now with no problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts