LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a two pump set up and 4 batteries I am trying to run both pumps at 48V or 50V technicaly tell me what do I do. I hooked up my solenoids at the 48V post of the batteries and ran em straight to the pump with a solenoid in the middle and I just keep blowing them.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Originally posted by hoemey@Nov 12 2003, 08:17 PM
I hooked up my solenoids at the 48V post of the batteries and ran em straight to the pump with a solenoid in the middle.
I guess I am confused by what your say'n right here...? Bad grounds cause this...by blowing do you mean sticking? LowVoltage causes that....and 50vlts? :(

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well technicaly 4 batteries is more like 50.4V not 48V and the solenoids are sticking together or just stopping working because the contacts are melting off inside.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
bad ground .... low batts ... dead cells in some of those batteries ...

do you have you soleniods them self grounded well to the rack ?

did you get the rebuildable soleniods or ford motor co ..sw-3 or accurate soleniods

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by hoemey@Nov 12 2003, 08:20 PM
I am new to this whole lowrider thing what the hell is an sw-3? and where do I get it.
it's a ford solenoid and it has great quality, accurate is another really good quality solenoid... did you make sure the solenoids are grounded correctly, they are grounded throu the mounting "ears" so you must make real sure that they are attached directly to clean metal. if it's paint inbetween the solenoid and the battrack
(or whatever they're on) they wont ground properly.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you run the solenoids in series or in perralel? and I was using ford solenoids...... was thinking of just buying a couple solenoid blocks. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes the solenoids are grounded very well. When I hooked every thing back up at 24V every thing was fine. But when I was trying to run the pumps off of the solenoids at 48V they crapped out

·
Registered
970 Posts
i had the same prob with my caprice i changed the noids to a differnt type and made sure all grounds were supper good charged all my batts and rewired my box and i havent blew a noid since so check out all of the above and you will fix it stick in there like your noids 'stick' get it :uh:

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
how many noids are you running to each of your pumps at 48v you should have at least 2-3 noids per pump

1 - 13 of 13 Posts