LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long do you usually wait until you swap your solenoids for new ones.... i've had 6 noids going to the front of my car, seeing 96 volts, for 2 years, and im thinking its time to change them... any input?

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Johnny562@Mar 10 2010, 02:46 PM~16850864
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
yea i dont want the front to stick at 96v thats a FIRE right there ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I chance mine once a month in the summer as well as rotate my front motors to the rear and new in the front never have to worry about breakin down! :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by sinister21@Mar 10 2010, 03:23 PM~16851189
I chance mine once a month in the summer as well as rotate my front motors to the rear and new in the front never have to worry about breakin down! :cool:  :cool:
once a month?!?!?! holy shit!! i think thats too often

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by lowrider_cutlass@Mar 10 2010, 01:42 PM~16850838
how long do you usually wait until you swap your solenoids for new ones.... i've had 6 noids going to the front of my car, seeing 96 volts, for 2 years, and im thinking its time to change them... any input?

I'd pull them out and put fresh ones in and keep the others for back pumps or sell them half price to someone who needs noids for low voltage setups

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by Johnny562@Mar 10 2010, 12:46 PM~16850864
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
best advice yet on this thread........and im sure you have a quick disconnect,even at 96v you'll prevent a fire by pulling it befor it even starts........

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by lowrider_cutlass@Mar 10 2010, 01:42 PM~16850838
I did a car that has had the same 3 Accurate solenoids for 7 years now on 108 volts most of the time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Mar 10 2010, 05:11 PM~16851973
I'd pull them out and put fresh ones in and keep the others for back pumps or sell them half price to someone who needs noids for low voltage setups

im low volts id be interestd in a couple of them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Why are solenoids ran in groups of 3 in series?
Why not run them in groups of 3 in parallel?
To me running them in parallel would spreed the load out more on the contacts.............wouldnt that make them last longer?

sorry for jacking the topic but that is somthing I have been thinking about.

·
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by locoriderz@Mar 10 2010, 07:10 PM~16854131
To me running them in parallel would spreed the load out more on the contacts.............wouldnt that make them last longer?

you can't ,because the ground for the solenoid is the bracket that holds the solenoid to the rack....power is running thru.....no way of running it in parallel homie.....thats if were talking about accurite's...

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Originally posted by locoriderz@Mar 11 2010, 02:10 AM~16854131

You are right, they SHOULD be in parallel to divide the current, but at higher voltage the solenoids "weld " or stick. With three in a series, one or two can stick, and and everything still works fine.

I think individual solenoids stick and unstick alot more than we would like to believe, but with 2 others in series to "back them up" we never even know it.

I use "series-parallel" to split the current on my car. The front uses 13 solenoids. (One turns the other 12 on.)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Originally posted by DanielDucati@Mar 10 2010, 09:34 PM~16854417
you can't ,because the ground for the solenoid is the bracket that holds the solenoid to the rack....power is running thru.....no way of running it in parallel homie.....thats if were talking about accurite's...

yeah im talking about accurites, but not running a + to - to a + and so on.

(On the contact side)
What im saying is run your power in on one side on all of them "chained" together and chain all of them together on the other side of them for the output.
remember their is a coil opreated by 24volt that opens and closes contacts that can have any amount within reason going through them.
Maybe im wrong but the contact are what wears out and sticks......so im thinking if they are run in parallel it would prolong the life.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Originally posted by CP@Mar 10 2010, 09:48 PM~16854571
You are right, they SHOULD be in parallel to divide the current, but at higher voltage the solenoids "weld " or stick. With three in a series, one or two can stick, and and everything still works fine.

I think individual solenoids stick and unstick alot more than we would like to believe, but with 2 others in series to "back them up" we never even know it.

I use "series-parallel" to split the current on my car. The front uses 13 solenoids. (One turns the other 12 on.)
WOW........so your using 1 solenoid contact to run 12 coils?
Im not to sure what to think about that. I guess Ill just go to bed and think about that for a bit.

Thanks

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Originally posted by locoriderz@Mar 10 2010, 10:04 PM~16854765
Im not to sure what to think about that. I guess Ill just go to bed and think about that for a bit.

Thanks
It's used as a relay to provide a strong voltage signal to the pump solenoids for faster more reliable responce.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Originally posted by locoriderz@Mar 10 2010, 08:04 PM~16854765

Thanks
yes like a noid to pre noid da noids but at 36volts and hussssssh

·
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by tx regulater 254@Mar 11 2010, 01:57 AM~16857961
yes like a noid to pre noid da noids but at 36volts and hussssssh
post pics of your setup........

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by OUTHOPU@Mar 10 2010, 09:12 PM~16854850
It's used as a relay to provide a strong voltage signal to the pump solenoids for faster more reliable responce.
ive seen quite a few people using 36v to turn on their front pump solenoids..seems to be a popular voltage...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts