LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im rebuilding my set up and was wondering if I could bolt my noids on top of the battery hold downs? Im trying to fit 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag and this shit is not going as planed :angry:

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,530 Posts
A lot of people will tell u no for certain reasons, but ive ran mine like that for over 10 years now...

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
WORKS GOOD FOR ME

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
its just crowded, better chance of arcing when your working on it.

As long as you get a great ground.and your trunk still closes, its fine.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
HERE IT IS FOR 2010 REDONE SOLENOIDS WORK GREAT FOR ME ON THE HOLD DOWN... :cool:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd@Mar 21 2010, 05:52 PM~16954544
People do it like that , but Im not a fan of it.
I am not a fan of it either

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by DJ Englewood@Mar 21 2010, 09:56 PM~16956702
can you find colored wires anywhere?

The colored wiring is usually car audio power cable. Better to use welding cable and just get colored wire loom. Or paint the black wire loom a color

·
Asspirating Poster
3,677 Posts
Looks like shit and I'd worry about hitting the underside of trunk lid.

Why not post some pics? Might be able to provide advice on alternative placement.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
If you want easy installation or easy replacement there is NO REASON NOT TO. However I wouldn't do it because I dont like how it looks. I like to keep wires and such hidden. But it's YOUR setup so do what you want to do.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Originally posted by KingsWood@Mar 21 2010, 04:32 PM~16954418
not trying to put down your set up. it looks good! but are your cables wrapped in orange electrical tape? :confused:
yes it is cant find orange wire to hold the voltage...:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Originally posted by Pyrit@Mar 22 2010, 01:28 PM~16963162
Looks like shit and I'd worry about hitting the underside of trunk lid.

Why not post some pics? Might be able to provide advice on alternative placement.
IF IT HITS THE TRUNK U SUCK AT WELDING :0

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by Psycho631@Mar 21 2010, 12:01 PM~16952606
Ok im rebuilding my set up and was wondering if I could bolt my noids on top of the battery hold downs? Im trying to fit 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag and this shit is not going as planed :angry:
i dont..have personally seen trunks explode due to placement..like clicking a lighter in a room with 5 gas cans that have been venting???.i hide mine away i think there ugly and like to tuck them away...but people do it all the time with good luck..if u got good batteries that arent outgassing that much u will be ok..good battery maintenance still he real issue here...

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Originally posted by ROCKSOLID84@Mar 22 2010, 03:23 PM~16964250
i dont..have personally seen trunks explode due to placement..like clicking a lighter in a room with 5 gas cans that have been venting???.i hide mine away i think there ugly and like to tuck them away...but people do it all the time with good luck..if u got good batteries that arent outgassing that much u will be ok..good battery maintenance still he real issue here...
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by ROCKSOLID84@Mar 22 2010, 06:23 PM~16964250

I have optimas so not woring about any gas :cool:

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I might have room on the side of the battery rack but I want it easy to acsess. I'll post pics this weekend when I get a little more work done :biggrin: :cool:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by Psycho631@Mar 22 2010, 06:05 PM~16965142
I have optimas so not woring about any gas :cool:

which optimas???

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
use orange heat shrink tubing, if you shrink it with the cables bolted in place it also helps 'form them' for easy fitment and removal (just dont use a flame to shrink it LOFL)

http://www.cable-access.co.uk/htm/heat1.htm

1 - 20 of 22 Posts