LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
id get the prohopper comps in stead of blocks and acurates... there the really big looking ford stlye ones... there like 100 each i thnk i dunno i had them for a long time neevr had a problem

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
:0 heres a pic of my old block :(

DO NOT GET BLOCKS IF YOU HIT DAILY

my 2 pennies :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Originally posted by 3lowlacs@Nov 3 2003, 08:41 PM
:0 heres a pic of my old block :(

DO NOT GET BLOCKS IF YOU HIT DAILY

my 2 pennies :biggrin:
i got blocks, never had a problem

·
Registered
124 Posts
blocks suck on street cars, show only, jus my opinion. i use ford style solonoids, never had a problem. ground them real good and use heavy wire, i use 1/0 on my whole set up., but even 2 guage is fine! i know with that meltdown looks like too, my boys heated up or stuck, whatever it did it fryed......all those blocks mostly are,, 3 cheap ass solonoids in a plastic container, fuck a cleaner look, i go for performance, if you dont want them showing, hide um........

O

·
0 Posts
MOTORCRAFT SW-3 OR ACCURATES ONLY!!!!!!!

THE BLOCKS ARE FINE YOU JUST HAVE TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THEM GROUNDED GOOD!!! AND DONT OVER LOAD THEM!!

IMO THOSE REBUILDABLE ONES ARE JUNK!!!

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
accurate or motorcraft sw-3 are the only reliable solenoids as far as im concerned, dont use blocks, i've heard way to many horror storys about those...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Accurates are the best. They are built far better than the blocks and hold up much better also. Dont let their price fool you... they are the cheapest AND the best, a very nice combination.

Internally their contact plates as well as the springs are much heavier duty. Buy a few different brand noids and dissect them... thats what I did, and the accurates win hands down. So called "heavy duty" solenoids in many cases are built even wimpier. Dont waste your money on anything else.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how many solenoids should i run for 60 or 72 volts right now i have 3 for 48 volts

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Originally posted by slammeds10@Nov 10 2003, 08:26 AM
how many solenoids should i run for 60 or 72 volts right now i have 3 for 48 volts
i've run the sw3's up to 96 volts.

most people have solenoid problems because they don't ground them properly.

:),

cc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts