LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any one tell me exactly which relay to use that one thats in between batt power on one side the compressors on the other and the pressure switch in the middle...ive try the st84 and st85 the 84 is not continous duty..but the 85 is...the only way i can get the 85 too work is to take the compressors and touch them to the middle prong..???? but then the pressure switch doesn't shut the system off when it's supposed to...i think i'm just using the wrong solienod... any help any one>?????thanks ..layds10

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
And it wouldn't hurt to securely fasten that solenoid to ensure that slight vibration / spinning doesn't cause your ground to loosen. :( (Hint.Hint. Missing bolt.)

>>>I'm sorry, Dan, but I had to gig you on that one. :)<<<

Last edited by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS at Jan 9 2004, 09:05 AM

·
Registered
677 Posts
A regular 40Amp relay will work fine for a electric compressor (but a Ford style would be cool :biggrin: )

Here are some proper ways to wire up a standrad Auto relay that I copied out of my instruction manual for my remote door system :cool:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does the solenoid have to be contiunous duty ...i have a ford style one also..and it works for a little bit..then kicks off. then comes on for a sec..then kickss off...???? and the st84 makes a clicking..and the 85 just doesn't do anything.??? so want model do you use big dan????thanks....JON

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by layds10@Jan 9 2004, 11:18 AM
does the solenoid have to be contiunous duty ...i have a ford style one also..and it works  for a little bit..then kicks off. then comes on for a sec..then kickss off...???? and the st84 makes a clicking..and the 85 just doesn't do anything.??? so want model do you use big dan????thanks....JON
Do you have the solenoid grounded properly? The back of it needs to be grounded by either bolting to the metal or running a wire to a good ground.

EDIT
Dan's pic up there is a really good example for you! Should show you all you need to know.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by Skuce2@Jan 9 2004, 11:11 AM

Here is the relay layout diagram
if you want to use the "cube" style relay, wire it like this..

85 to ground
86 to the pressure switch
30 from the battery
87 to the compressor

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Jan 9 2004, 08:05 AM
And it wouldn't hurt to securely fasten that solenoid to ensure that slight vibration / spinning doesn't cause your ground to loosen. :( (Hint.Hint. Missing bolt.)

>>>I'm sorry, Dan, but I had to gig you on that one. :)<<<
PHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Jan 9 2004, 05:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Jan 9 2004, 05:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Jan 9 2004, 08:05 AM
And it wouldn't hurt to securely fasten that solenoid to ensure that slight vibration / spinning doesn't cause your ground to loosen. :(  (Hint.Hint.  Missing bolt.)

>>>I'm sorry, Dan, but I had to gig you on that one.  :)<<<
PHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

:biggrin:[/b][/quote]
Cat fight !!!!!!!!!!

:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
i have a question about the ford style relay, where can u get them at? autozone ect ect.....?

also are they 100%duty cycle?
because i know the reg ford starter relays aren't made to be on for a few mins or how ever long it takes ur compressor(s) to fill

also if they do have them at a auto parts store, do u have a parts number or anything?

laters

·
Registered
232 Posts
just get that cube style relay they work really good you need 1 per compressor, they are rated for 30 amps. $3, by the foglite shit at autozone or discount.

·
Registered
265 Posts
if you are gonna get the ford style
blac one's work good
grey- are better
red -still havnt had any problems

my$.02

Jason

1 - 15 of 15 Posts