LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do solinoids have power on the outside plate when activated? I went and installed my setup and its almost finished. The one minor detail is that the solinoid rack is very close to the pumps . I thought that's ok but when I went to put in the pump today one of the solinoids outer (metal) cover is hitting one of my output (juice) fittings. Now ... If the thing has power on the plate when its turned on Im going to have problems . :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
no you should be fine the power is going through the side posts
dont let them touch anything
if you are woried you could put a small piece of rubber between the solenoid and the metal its touching

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just took a old one drilled out the rivets and took the plate off . It doesn't look like anything touches the plate. Ill have to try power to one like it and hook up a test light to the plate and see if I get anything. :uh:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
No there's no positive juice going through the top-plate of a solenoid. Keep in mind, the DOT isn't going to let car manufacturers leave a hot wire or any piece of "hot" metal uninslated; ground, of course, is OK.

But still, if your set-up is crammed so tight that you have pieces touching, like a pump and a solenoid, you might want to think of relocating something; if only for aesthetic reasons.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sorta tack welded all the noids to a piece of angle and welded it to the frame thats why :uh:

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
you welded your noids????????
you got a lot of grinding to do when those blow

ive never heard of anyone welding the noids though :0

·
Registered
970 Posts
omg :0 u said welded the noids in hmm thats gonna b fun to replace them :uh:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was in a hurry but only tack welds i can cut them off . im going to. But they should be grounded good no? i also took the ground clamp and put it right on one of the blocks itself which is bolted to a welded piece of 1" flatbar. It's gotta be bad primary wires on the noids no :uh:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
problem corrected thank for your help ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts