LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of getting some 12 or 15" L5s. i had some pioneer 12s and i was happy with them for a long time but its time to upgrade. are the L5s good or should i just save up some more and get the L7s?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I have a pair of 12 inch L5's on a kicker 1200.1 amp. The subs handle the power with no problem. The stats on the L5's and L7's are almost the same.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
its in a 92 towncar. It sounds good and hits low, its not that high of spl, but doesnt have a single rattle like it would if it was in the trunk.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
i need to put my 15" brahma in my shit like that. how hard was it to cut out the metal rite there??? did u have to redo the whole back lid carpeting?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I cut the whole deck out with a sawzall. It is cut too each side, down to the floor, and all the way to the window. It took about an hour. The front of the box has the brackets too hold the seat now. And I cover that fits the top of the box also fits to the seat, window, and sides. The down side is the trunk rods had to come out.

for a single sub you could maybe just cut a big enough hole for it too peek thru. But a fifteen might be too big. My 12's are as far back as they can go becuase there is alot of bracing that runs along the bottom of the window that should never be cut out. But your car maybe different. My seat is moved forward 1 1/2 inches to make the 12's fit.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone, i just ordered a pair or 12" L5s about 2 minutes ago along with some infinity componenets all around. damn i wish i had a big rear deck like that in my lincoln. mines onlylike 8" deep on my 79 continental mk5. i think im gonna make a box and face them towards the seat.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
damn i dunno if i can do that, ill have to look.

if i cant im thinkin bout facin it towards the tail lights...BUT the back of the box will be against the back bracing of the rear seat...THEN before the trunk opens up and get big(right after bottom of rear window) ill build a wall to cut it off....im hoping to achieve the same great bass i get now, but eliminate A LOT of the rattling and gain more SQ and maybe spl :dunno:

just no more rattles :(

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive pretty much given up on trying to get rid or all the rattles. ill do some basic shit like getting my liscence plate and trim to stop rattling but thats about it. if you can hear the rattles inside then its not loud enough!

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Originally posted by hydrota@Aug 27 2003, 10:00 PM
I have a pair of 12 inch L5's on a kicker 1200.1 amp. The subs handle the power with no problem. The stats on the L5's and L7's are almost the same.

FUCKING A. BRO !! NICE !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by DusterNut@Aug 27 2003, 09:42 PM
im thinking of getting some 12 or 15" L5s. i had some pioneer 12s and i was happy with them for a long time but its time to upgrade. are the L5s good or should i just save up some more and get the L7s?
I would get the Kicker L7'S. I have 3 of them being pushed by (2) 1200.1 linked together in a sealed box which resides in the trunk of my 95 IMPALA SS. You can check my setup out on my web site which is as follows:
http://members.cardomain.com/dondadda

Last edited by dondadda at Sep 16 2003, 12:47 PM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts