so how do you reinforce a car and shit and do all the stuff for hydros
is it ezy or hard
last but not least how long it normally take

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Originally posted by HiLow@Aug 18 2005, 08:44 PM~3654517
it depends on the shop so start looking

seriously if you know nothing it would take a long time and would be worth paying someone. at the main page check the tech sections and see how things work.

·
Registered
249 Posts
DO IT YOUR SELF SO WHEN YOU GET A LEAK OR SOMTING MESS UP YOU WILL KNOW HOW TO FIX IT ITS NOT HARD A RWD CARS

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok well whats a general price range to pay someone and if i did it my self what are the main things i gotta do *checking tech sectioin now*

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
if your just wanting to reinforce the stress points It should be some where in 1,000 range? this price changes drasticly depending on location and what exactly you want done

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh thats why i want to do it myself i have everything i need to do it from the welding tools down to the sheet metal. it would save all the money cause i wouldnt have to buy anything.

what parts do you reinforce and stuff where are the reinforcements located

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
What you want to know takes more than some simple answer. Basicly you want step by step in this one topic. Not many of us. Not even the very helpful ones like me. Want to sit here and type out all that stuff. Everything you need to know has been asked many times. Doing some reserch on here, in magazines, and at local shops is your best bet. If your a beginer. Never had a lifted car. I would say start by doing a basic install. Build a good rack that is mounted to the frame. Learn how to put the stuff in and how it works. Get used to it. Give yourself a chance to get familiar with the car. You will start to see the areas that need re-enforcments and why. I can't tell you how important the why part is. You can go ahead and beef up a frame if you want. If you dont know why. You wont do it right. As the old saying goes "you got learn to walk before you learn to run". Dont try to jump into a major project for your first install. Your car isn't going to break in half if it's not re-enforced first. In many cases I've seen more problems come from a frame not re-enforced properly. Than from a stock frame.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by pnw1n@Aug 20 2005, 09:56 AM~3661966
oh thats why i want to do it myself i have everything i need to do it from the welding tools down to the sheet metal. it would save all the money cause i wouldnt have to buy anything.

what parts do you reinforce and stuff where are the reinforcements located
i dont think your going to be using much sheetmetal :biggrin: seriously,Your best bet will be to find some local rides,hang out with them and just talk around with shops and such and youll learn.Maybe even find some one nice enough to show you how everything works,Also I would pick up the book one of the layitlow members published which should give you a good understanding of how everything works ;)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
My first car was a crap. 2nd i learned from the first. 3rd i had some clue went through 3,000 hrs of welding school to become certified .4th was much better 5 th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th and so on. You just grow better and stronger as you go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts