LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I'm always working on the cars of my clients, I haven't had any time to work on a project of my own, but I will soon. I do have a 93' Mazda 626 which I do plan to work on this coming spring. Hear are some of the cars I have worked on this year. I will post more pictures of more cars I have worked on later.

My friend and fellow club member Picos had me paint his 83 Regal. He picked out a Fireball red Metalic as a base, and left the rest up to me. So I went with black patterns covered in 3oz's of flake, Clear/Metalic red mix, candy apple red, and toped with 1.5 Gal's of Clear. Receantly Picos ran into a ditch and though the car wasn't baddly damaged, it will need a new fender. He is rebuilding his engine now, but will need that new fender soon. I horafy at the thought of trying to match that paint.:ugh: Wish me luck.
The picturs are not that good because my scanner sucks. Trust me they look way better up close, and the flake will blind you.

This is my friend and fellow club member Qora's Nissan. He let me do what ever for the paint as long as it was orenge. I picked out a 3 stage Lambergini orenge, but If I would have known how much the stuff was going to cost I would have gone with House of Kolor candi orenge. This Lambergini paint cost lots of $$. I started with a silver base, orenge midcoat, midcoat clear, black aztech style paterns, 2oz's of orenge-gold flake, and 1.5 gal's of clear.

Hear is a picture of my brother Gonzo's 63 Impalla SS. He saw it rusting away in some old man's back yard. He paid $1500 for it. It was rusted, no engin or tranny, and the interior had been gutted. As soon as he brought it home he got to work by removing the frame. That's when I took this picture. He wants to do a compleat frame up restoration. So far he has spent over $2000 in parts and the frame is now finished and better then new. I will post pics of it later.

Well I hope you like some of my work. I will post more later.

Last edited by MyFamiliaCC at Jan 13 2004, 06:24 PM

·
Registered
343 Posts
looks good man, i like the regal, looks sharp

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
looks real good, I would like to see the steps when doing the patterns

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in bridgport washington

I couldn't find any pictures of the patterns being layd out, but let me tell you it was a bitch. I did them all my self with only slite help from my little bro, but it took like 16 hours strate just to lay out the masking and fine-line tape. But get this it all had to be done twice. Cause we thougth that the lambergini 3stage paint was like a regulare 3stage candy, I laid the patterns over the silver base and under the orenge midcoat. As it turned out the orenge midcoat wasn't as transperent as we thought. By the 3rd coat you could bearly see the patterns underneath. So after sealing it all in clear I scuffed and redid the patterns ontop of the orenge. At the end it all worked out because the black and orenge combo realy make the truck stand out.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
YOUR GOOD MAN...YOU SHOULD PLAY WITH CANDYS AS IN PATTER BASE COLORS...FLAKE PATTERS ECT..I THINK YOU WILL CLOWN DOING THAT

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by MRIMPALA2000510@Dec 26 2003, 11:14 AM
YOUR GOOD MAN...YOU SHOULD PLAY WITH CANDYS AS IN PATTER BASE COLORS...FLAKE PATTERS ECT..I THINK YOU WILL CLOWN DOING THAT
<span style=\'color:purple\'>Thanks G

Ya I plan to do some serius experamenting this summer :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well my friend brought his nissan back for some more painting.....
This time we did the frame, undercarage, engine compartment, and all the parts inbetween except the muffler ;)

It was alot of work, cuz you do have to take the damn thing completly apart of corse......

Preping the engine compartment

All clean (degreasing was a bitch!!)

After the silver base, and starting on the first coat of orange

All done and reinstalling parts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol, ya it was. The outside paint is a couple years old, but it wasn't tell now that the owner dicided he wanted the undercaradge, frame, and the rest of the stuff done too.............In other wards.......It was all done backwords.

The funny thing is.......in a couple more years, it will be ready for a new overall paint job.......So I'm allready thinking of some new ideas for it.....It will stay orange, but thats all i know so far.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by USMC_DevilDawgS10@Oct 19 2004, 01:12 PM
how much to spray a 95 Suburban either royal blue or navy blue with HOK ice pearl?
[snapback]2311514[/snapback]​
Suburbans are big, so your looking at between $2k to $2.5k

But I'll need to see it in person for a more acuerit quote

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Thats funny when people go backwards but, i guess i am about to do the same thing to my 64............ :0

--- You should let me get that suburban to paint --- we need custom paint al over the country --- He is only 7 hours from me ......... & ALOT more from you !!!!!!!

LOL!!!............... I remember that truck ... damn , At least you got help there with all the shit over there....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts