LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tomarrow I am going to look at an 81 regal at my freinds house..I know this much about the car..it has a new or rebuilt tranny, very little rust, good interior, has been sitting for a year and a half, my dad already went and drove it, he said that it needs brake work, something like a wheel cylinder or master cylinder becuz its leaking fluid...it need body fillers ont he front and back, but I found someplace online that has both for like 250..

my question is whats the gas mileage on a 3.8v6?

also if the frame seems sound and the rest of the car seems sound, like the engine and whatnot(no pings, ticks,etc..) should I go ahead and buy it? or should a shop for another g body..?

this is gonna be my daily driver driving an hour into the city every week for school and I am looking for a reliable car that someday I could possibly put some money into(rims, paint, interior) but for now just a decent car to roll around in ya know..

thanks in advance

Ian

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
mine gets about 20 or more per gallon..i drive mine 60-70 miles round trip everday..full tank last me about 5 days :) they're not to bad on gas depending on how u drive.

Last edited by capone530 at Sep 2 2003, 11:06 PM

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
i think gettin 20 mpg on my 86 regal is not too bad considering i'm rolling on 13's its all in how u drive it..i can get 300 miles plus on a full tank or 170 just depending on how i drive it. So thats not tru...not all regals are gas hogs..and mine has the 3.8 v-6. I drive mine 70 miles round trip everyday to work so i would know. My main advice is not to be to hard on the gas peddle...
oh yea and mine can chirp and somtimes spin them from a stop so i dunno what all this is about weak engines..both my regals had this ablilty and i could power brake enough to leave lines....so don't belive everything u hear..not all v-6 regals are guttless.

Last edited by capone530 at Sep 2 2003, 11:05 PM

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks capone for clearing that up for me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts