LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well here they are, been building the caddy for 10 months+ now,
just started the caprice, bought it last month at the club meeting.

caddy specs;
testors saphire blue metalflake over a copper base coat with a misting of plasti-kote green to purple to blue paint, followed with clear (just cleared this evening). chassis is a stretched 70 monte carlo lowrider, with pegasus wires and tires. 4 gold pumps and eight batteries from pre-decorated red 63 impala, used hinges from 64 2in1 kit for the trunk. interior is all stock except i used the floorpan from the monte. side trim has also been removed. bumpers still need to be plated. pics don't do this car justice. tommorow i'll try to take some outside. the flash on the last few shots did however bring out some of the flake

this was a mock up a few months ago after i painted the car, been busy

clearcoated body

chassis

rims/tires

trunk setup

rear view

front view

look in next post for the caprice. as allways opinions are welcome but don't be too ruff on me :biggrin: :cool:

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now for the next one

1976 Chevy Caprice by MPC:
was originally painted testor ruby red, but is now testors saphire blue metalflake over a silver base. i like the color buildup as it stands now so i will probably clearcoat the car tommorow or wednesday. undercariage is flat black, wheels are all chrome pegasus with saphire blue spokes to match the body, motor will be chevy orange/red, don't know but i might foil the trim gold. this one will be simple as the chassis is not very detailed. it will most likely sit slammed as low as i can get it.

front/side shot

rear/side shot

wheels

original box

original paintjob

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
caddy was an og Johan promo i got a yard sale for $5
club is maryland automotive modelers association(MAMA)

·
Registered
956 Posts
that really is a nice paint job... very clean. Was that a hopper kit????(which u got the body from) i just painted my montee,,,, ruby metal flake from testors...OF course i fucked up the paint... one side is clean and the other has a drip mark....so its back to drawing board...gotta sand it and shit....what a pain in the ass....

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
last one, 77 monte snap kit i call low budget lolo cruiser
has a hollywood top, primer paintjob with black half vinyl roof, wheels are from 66 rivi lowrider, tires are pegasus. awhile ago i bought a large lot of pegasus stuff incase your wondering

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the frame was to short at first. i stretched it 3/16' behind the tranny brace that runs from frame rail to frame rail. there are a few minor defects like you can slightly see where i didn't get the frame sanded smooth as well as the side where i removed the trim

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
one more of the monte carlo

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i used everything from the monte. i stripped the chrome suspension in favor of gloss black, the driveshaft was to short due to stretching the frame so i cut it in half and slid eache end into a mixed drink straw that fit perfectly

·
Registered
363 Posts
Originally posted by caprice on dz@Oct 13 2003, 06:51 PM
i used everything from the monte. i stripped the chrome suspension in favor of gloss black, the driveshaft was to short due to stretching the frame so i cut it in half and slid eache end into a mixed drink straw that fit perfectly
so what you doing for the interior? you going to cut the hood open to expose engine? you caddy is inspiring. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i have a 77 that i stripped the bumpers because the chrome was bad and tryed stripping the body but it had some thick paint, i need castrol superclean but i am to cheap the but it. has the og interior chassis and glass but is missing the tail lights and rims/tires, thats how i got it. i might sell it soon, fairly cheap, something like $20 shipped

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
naw i left the hood closed, not enough support if i opeden it
the interior, lol, well i cut the bottom of the tub out and glued what was left (sides and rear seat, dash) to the floor of the monte floorpan, and glued the fron seat down as well, then painted everything including headliner flat black

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i am outta here for tonight, gotta go watch monster garage,
i'll try to take some better pics when i get off work tommorow afternoon, so untill we meet again, fairwell

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
LOOKS GOOD BRO!!! HEY THAT WAS A REALLY GOOD IDEA ABOUT THE DRIVESHAFT. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Those are some nice cars. could you post your 64 Radioshack I haven't seen it, other than a close up of the rims.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 35 Posts