LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

somebody, help me

2K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  low4life86 
#1 ·
sup fellas, man i have been having problems for quite a while now and i cant figure out why, man it all started hen i was hittin switches and i melted the termnals and part of my batteries and it smelled like complete shit in my trunk, so i got many reponces on why it would do that, so i replaced my batts, and so im hitting switches (and i have a switch box) and looking into my trunk and outta one of the holes for the scrws that the armtures of the motor is mounted to i see smoke as i am and right after im hiting the switch, and im like oh fuck i burnt a motor, so i called up reds hydros and they told me it is because imy batts werent over 900 ccas but just to be sure i pulled off my motor , and like 1/8th to 1/4 pint of hydro fluid and its all black and i realized thats what it was. so i cleaned it all out cleaned up the motor popped it back in andi hit swittches for a little bit and the batt terminals are hot as fuck, it burnt my hand just from touching them please hep me :banghead: :banghead: :barf: :worship: :tears:

#9 ·
batts suck to much load need better batts bigger wires

#12 ·
get some groupe 31's. are you using car batts? theyre not meant for that shit really....

#14 ·
mabye your ground is bad.

#15 ·
lets see some pics of the whip and the setup

#16 ·
Originally posted by pimpoldscutlass81@Sep 14 2005, 07:20 PM~3817537
lets see some pics of the whip and the setup
i dont have a digital camer but its just a basic 2 pump 4 battery setup, do u think bad ground could make the batts get hella hot tho??

#17 ·
yes

#18 ·
He needs a new ground I know that fore sure from the first time I looked at it, But I say its prolly you need those 31's and thicker cable, I know I need thicker cable. That is soon to come. Hey Evan you have an extra quickdisconnect from one of those kits you bought?

#20 ·
Originally posted by BigLinc@Sep 14 2005, 11:28 PM~3818697
i never use less then 1/0 no matter the number of batts
:thumbsup:

#21 ·
check the batterys voltage under a load, make sure you have a good ground. Replace the pumphead seal so you wont get anymore oil in the motor. clean up the motor real good inside, cleaning the fields, the comutator , and brushes from black to shinny copper with a fine emery paper.

#22 ·
hey one of of the brush mounts got all fuked up in my motor could that be y?
but im gunna put in a new seal probably tomarrow, i hate having to take all my shit apart, but i got plenty of parts so i will replace the seal, i already ceaned my motor, and the damn termanils for the batts r still hot as fuck, could a bad ground really b y? and jason reds doesnt give disconects with their kits

#25 ·
your system is only as good as the weakest link, you have poor connections/grounds, 4 gauge will do up to 36/48 volt safely, (also depends on your motors draw, comp motors can draw hella amps)go over all connections and make sure they are clean, look at it like air pressure, if you have all 1/2 line, and tee off to a 1/4" fitting, your gonna be slow no matter what, electricity is a circle, out the + back around the circut to the -, somehow you have hella resistance... find the hottest most melted lead and fix your cable....

#26 ·
any loose fittings will get hot really quick, a bad earth (dirty) will also make the system get hot.

Reds were talking crap when they told you to get larger capacity batts, that will only give you longer switch time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.