LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just unsure on how they work. I understand that they don't bolt onto the wheel studs like most wheels, but what holds a knockoff wheel on the car? I just don't understand fully. Please enlighten me.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
ok heres how it goes...there are 3 parts tha a knock off wire wheels consists of 1) Adapter 2) The actual wheel 3) The knock off (e.g., spinner) Since there are no bolts on the wheels iteself the adapter is bolted onto the cars hub. Then the Wheel slides over the adapter and the teeth on the adapter and wheel lock the wheel into place with that adapter. Then you take the spinner and you screw it on to the threaded part of the adapter that is stickin though the hole in the center of the wheel...like a bolt goin onto a nut. So in a knock off the only thing holding your wheel to your car is the knock off (spinner). I hope that made it clear.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I've got it now; I've seen 'em at shops before. I just couldn't figure out how they were actually held onto the car. Thanks. Now, this could be another stupid question, but...What is the advantage to a knock-off? Just that you have more area for the actual spokes of the wires due to no bolt holes? Or is there something else? Enlighten me; I'm delving into a new world here. :)

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
well knock offs just in most people opinions including mine just look better than bolt ons. There is no real advantage but they jsut look nicer, there are more spokes and the spokes are longer. IMO they dont have that ''cheap'' bolt on look (no offense to peopel with bolt ons)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts