LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know the dilly about rms/peak watts and stuff like that but what i want to know about is ohms ???

what is a ohm and whats the diff between 1 or 2

how come a amp with 1 ohm putts out alot more watts then one with 2? what happens if u put a amp with 1 ohm on a sub that says 2 ohms ?? any other usefull information would be apprecaited also, thx

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Im not sure if i can explain this right. ohms are the resistance. The lower the ohm level the less resistance so more power can travel through. If you hook up the 2ohm sub to the amp it will usually be getting about half of what the amp is rated to do.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
If you lower your Ohms you make your equipment work hard and produce more power...

For example:

an amp that produces 100 watts @ 4 Ohms can produce 200 watts @ 2 Ohms... And 400 watts at 1 Ohm... and 800 watts @ .5 Ohm...

U.S. Amps used to make a series of amps that would go to 0.1 Ohms... That's like running 32 subs on 2 channels!!! :cool:

L

·
0 Posts
Yeah the VLX seris for us amps was mad. I had 16 4 ohms tens running of one Lanzar opti 50c. That was cools stuff.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by 91lacdeville@Oct 4 2003, 09:49 PM
Im not sure if i can explain this right. ohms are the resistance. The lower the ohm level the less resistance so more power can travel through. If you hook up the 2ohm sub to the amp it will usually be getting about half of what the amp is rated to do.
That was pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts