LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I tried to yank the wheels off of the Radio Shack64 Impala so I can put the Dub City spintek wheels on and in the process I broke both spindles and I still can't get the stupid pegs off that held the wheel on!!! Now I have to try and fabricate something for the damn thing!!! :angry:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I bought these 58 impala replacement rims and tires from Radioshack. I orderd them in person from one of the stores and they were shiped to my home in only 5 days.

For more info go to this old LIL post
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...f3588a3e8bc06e9

Last edited by ScratchBuilderV at Dec 19 2003, 10:03 PM

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried that method. The peg came loose from the spindle but it wouldn't pull out for the life of me. It's as if there is some sort of ridge on the peg holding it in.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by JokerManN808+Dec 21 2003, 07:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JokerManN808 @ Dec 21 2003, 07:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ScratchBuilderV@Dec 19 2003, 11:01 PM
I bought these 58 impala replacement rims and tires from Radioshack. I orderd them in person from one of the stores and they were shiped to my home in only 5 days.

For more info go to this old LIL post
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...f3588a3e8bc06e9
how much was that set[/b][/quote]
The replacement wheel is RSU # 12413563 for $3.29 each (plus tax and
shipping). This is a special order item from RadioShack Unlimited. It
is not available online. You may order it by calling 1-800-241-8742.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Dec 22 2003, 02:43 AM
Hmmm..that's not a good thing. Well I'm gonna check on the internet if there are some good pouring materials that can stand the beating and can be chromed out. Maybe the back of the wirewheel must be solid, you loose the lookthru but it's way stronger, like the one I've mad for the Big '64. ;)
that's true, that might work. Makes casting it a little easier too.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I went to Radio Shack and I ordered the left and right side front assembly. $7.41 each CDN + tax. I'm also going to check out another couple of Radio Shack stores to see if the have any more r/c lowriders in stock. I just bought the 58 Impala for $49.99. I'm going to buy another one and a couple of 64s & 67s. The sale ends Christmas.

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I orderd them for my second rc 64 because I only could find one set of Pegasus 1/10 rims and I could never find the right ruber tires like jeveries has for his RC67.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts