LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SONY-1200-W...bayphotohosting

im putting a small system in my truck, im not trying to win any competitions or anything, just somthing to bump around town with. ive already got a pair of sony 10" 800w subs and a pair of q-logic sealed box's. my question is, is will this amp do a good job at powering what ive got? or would you suggest any other in the same price range?..and yes i know sony is junk blah blah blah..so please no smart ass comments

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
well, sonys not the BEST system out there, but if your going for a cheap system, i'd go with alpine.

Are you putting the subs in seprete boxes? because you said you have a pair of q-logic boxes, so i wasnt sure. That amp should do the trick for what your looking for, but its not the best stuff.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
im guessing that those subs RMS power handling is between 300 and 400 watts RMS, that amp is only good for 500wattsRMS total (thats wiring it at either stereo at 2ohms, or mono at 4ohms)...its a good chance that that amp doesnt produce that wattage, but its also a good chance that the subs dont handle its wattage either...

if you buy it, it will work, but you will not get all of what your subs can produce...

i would prolly go for something that does 650RMS (or a lil more) x1 @ 4ohms...(325 RMS per sub)

-qs

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 19 2005, 05:13 PM~3845654
im guessing that those subs RMS power handling is between 300 and 400 watts RMS, that amp is only good for 500wattsRMS total (thats wiring it at either stereo at 2ohms, or mono at 4ohms)...its a good chance that that amp doesnt produce that wattage, but its also a good chance that the subs dont handle its wattage either...

if you buy it, it will work, but you will not get all of what your subs can produce...

i would prolly go for something that does  650RMS (or a lil more) x1 @ 4ohms...(325 RMS per sub)
-qs
Did'nt even notice that lol ;)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by 1lowimpala@Sep 19 2005, 06:28 PM~3845750
and your getting another one for the other sub? :uh:
yea, ive already got the subs in the box's and in the truck, just running them off of my old 400w until the 1200w comes in

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
not to down you corndawg, but i bet you spent alot more money then what your system is worth...i suggest you read and read alot before you purchase your next system...

-qs

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by corndawg@Sep 19 2005, 06:01 PM~3845577
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SONY-1200-W...bayphotohosting

im putting a small system in my truck, im not trying to win any competitions or anything, just somthing to bump around town with. ive already got a pair of sony 10" 800w subs and a pair of q-logic sealed box's. my question is, is will this amp do a good job at powering what ive got? or would you suggest any other in the same price range?..and yes i know sony is junk blah blah blah..so please no smart ass comments
No. If your just going to be putting in a so so system, get something from like Pioneer, Alpine, etc. Sony is just a waste of money, their only good product lines are with like home appliances, and misc. like cameras, video tapes, headphones shit like that. None of their car audio line is worth your time.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 1lowimpala@Sep 19 2005, 05:04 PM~3845594
well, sonys not the BEST system out there, but if your going for a cheap system, i'd go with alpine.

Anyone else see a problem with this statement?

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :twak:

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
eh, that sony 1200 watt amp is only good with its 1300 watt 5 sided sub ;) but any other sub, and it sucks balls, because it doesn't put out anywhere near that power, even off of 14.4 volts, and that'll prolly burn it up....lol

if your looking for a cheap/reliable system, go with low end mtx models, never had a problem with them, and they actually do close to their claimed rated power, unlike most companies

·
Registered
742 Posts
I run a Sony XLPOD 1000 Watt with 2 Q-Power 12's in a fully enclosed box with 4 ports and they get PLENTY of power. Is it near what it should be? I dont know and dont care because it thumps hard than a bitch and makes most boys think i got like 2 15's or 4 12's or some shit alot bigger than I actually do.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by OakCliffRider@Sep 20 2005, 01:16 PM~3851358
I run a Sony XLPOD 1000 Watt with 2 Q-Power 12's in a fully enclosed box with 4 ports and they get PLENTY of power. Is it near what it should be? I dont know and dont care because it thumps hard than a bitch and makes most boys think i got like 2 15's or 4 12's or some shit alot bigger than I actually do.

thats just it, its all a matter of opinion, unless you throw up some termlab numbers, opinions dont matter

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by OakCliffRider@Sep 20 2005, 04:16 PM~3851358

i doubt it...

unless your boys dont know what 2 strong 15's or 4 strong 12's sound like...

that sony amp is doing about 370wattsRMS TOTAL, if you are getting anytype of bass, you have to think your bandpass box for carrying your system on its shoulders....

-qs

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
that amp is a good paperweight :)

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 20 2005, 09:54 AM~3850016
Anyone else see a problem with this statement?

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :twak:
:dunno: I like alpine

·
Registered
742 Posts
i doubt it...

that sony amp is doing about 370wattsRMS TOTAL, if you are getting anytype of bass, you have to think your bandpass box for carrying your system on its shoulders....
I've been up against 2 15's before at a gahtering and people liked mine better.
thats just it, its all a matter of opinion, unless you throw up some termlab numbers, opinions dont matter
Yeah it is my opion, but its up to this dude if really wants to listen to any of us. He may not listen to what I say but I dont care because I;m just stating the facts on what I do.

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 20 2005, 02:21 PM~3851863
i doubt it...

-qs
it'd run it, but not the best

1 - 20 of 33 Posts