LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats going on lay it low ive been spectating for a while and im really diggin this site and the culture of it so heres my 1962 impala ss project in in the process on
show me some love 90% of the work will be done by myself all advice and input will be much appreciated...well here she is got her for $4100 rebuilt 350 sbc motor and a new 350 turbo tranny

car came with 100 spoke 13s thank god and the tires were real good also

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
first thing i spent my money on were some 3 piece chrome bumpers with brackets in fair condition just need to polish them later $300 for both..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TTT

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by CHUCC@May 27 2011, 09:58 AM~20640845
Nice start!  :thumbsup:
Thanks i see you have a 62 also...i wanna run a two pump set up with 8 batts what size steel should i reinforce the frame with :dunno:

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
looks good man bilding a duece welcome to the club... its a great start. ill be following this one

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by EZUP62@May 27 2011, 11:34 AM~20641432
looks good man bilding a duece welcome to the club...  its a great start. ill be following this one
Appreciate the support bruh ill need all the help and advice i can get

·
DODGING ROAD KILL
11,710 Posts
Originally posted by Too-Low@May 27 2011, 01:39 PM~20641473
Appreciate the support bruh ill need all the help and advice i can get
That's what we're here for homie. :cool:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whats are my plans?....well i have always wanted my imp to have a floor shift and since the only floor shift for the 62 model is for a manual tranny i took the shift off the tree an threw it on the floor i have the 1963 ss floor console(looks the best) that i will be using..other mods will be the back glass panel with my hidden system subs will be there also will post pics of my progress today..hoping to run a 2 pump set up with 8 batts for play time 8" strokes in the front "12 in the rear( input please) will have an all out custom trunk batts will be hidden pumps will be suspended at an angle...the only thing im really at a halt on is paint i want to do cherry red with a white top and white moldings down the side but i keep telling myself i want a nice clean look more original like silver or cream...all input appreciated

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry fellas ran out of time couldnt get the pics will have them tomorrow morning

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
good plans for it ... where you from homie.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Originally posted by Sin7@May 27 2011, 03:49 PM~20641539
That's what we're here for homie.  :cool:
X62.... Good luck on the build :cool:

·
Registered
19,888 Posts
nice start so far and welcome to layitlow. best of luck on that build

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by EZUP62@May 28 2011, 02:13 AM~20645536
good plans  for it ... where you from  homie.
Im from texas but i stay out here california been here for the past 2 years but been loving lowriders since ive known my own self

--pics coming in a few on that floor shift--

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
cant waite to see it i have a ht with the bottom manual tranny i wanted to put a 4 speed automatic on the floor the... what part of cali, ill be glad to help in any way homie

1 - 20 of 179 Posts