LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Stay True
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup everybody, i recently purchased a 1981 chevy elco and to my suprise there is only two 3 1/2" speakers in the car, located in the dash. I already have a set of clarions ready to be dropped in for that but my question to you guys is does any body have any creative ways they have done theirs up. speakers in the panel right behind the headrest, or in the doors or what? The car has rollup windows so im not really sure if it would affect the the window or considering there is not a power window motor there. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
You could fit a some 6x9s back there behind the seats. Or you could also build a center console near the dash below the radio and fit some speakers.

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
You have a few options for the front
-build up or buy (think they sell pre-fabbed one) kick panels
-cant remember what the doors of them things look like w/o power windows,but i'm quessing you probably could get a component set in the doors bottom about the hinge area.Might have to build them up a bit.
-could leave a speaker in the door and flush in a tweet in the A-pillar

Just a couple

·
Registered
11,655 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Originally posted by baggedout81@Feb 9 2010, 11:22 PM~16566005
Them look like BEASTS and 400 rms
and thay play great a 1.75 cubes at 32hz! That is a small ass enclosure, perfect for behind the seat of an Elco. I promise you people will shit bricks when they find out they are just 8's.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I built a couple of set ups for elcos. I like them because they are easy to build and lots of options. Went with 4 - 8" subs back in the day and it rocked. went with 2 10's and 4 10's. i liked the 2 10's config with 2 6 1/2s 3 way config best. ran it off 1 older 6 channel boss amp. We did use the front speakers but we used a 2 way crossover to eliminate the bass from the front and 6 1/2 s. Hope this helps I should have saved pics.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
HMMMM I MIGHT BE PICKING UP ONE, AND I AM CUTTING THROUGH THE BACK OF IT FOR SUBS. I AM DOING A SUB BOX IN THE BACK BED. I SEEN ON BACK IN THE DAY WITH 2-15'S AND THE AMP MOUNTED, IT WAS OFF THE CHAIN, AND BASS WAS RIDUCULOUS. IT WAS SUPER CLEAN, WENT WITH 5 1/4 COMPONENT PODS IN THE DOORS AND TWEETERS IN DASH. HE WAS OFF AXIS WITH THE 5 1/4 SO HE WENT HIGHER IN THE DOOR TO BLEND BETTER WITH THE TWEETER. -3 DB ON THE TWEETERS CAUSE THEY WERE HARSH. ROCKFORD FOSGATES. NICE SYSTEM. RUNNING OFF A PHOENIX GOLD MS 2150 I THINK, OR A 275

·
PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
3,112 Posts
i orderd 4 10s just because the way the 8's sounded :biggrin: but we did an enclosure with a single 8 tuned around 33hz and it was impressive [in a magnum]the owner cant believe he is outdoing his buddy's magnum and he has 1 alpine type r sealed with 800 watts

now if only i can finish my project :angry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts