LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I have seen in the south, ya know georgia, florida, etc, and in the west side, cali. This is only what i see , am i correct? I see more blacks hittin switches on the west side than the south side. All the blacks in the south drive box chevys with 22's. I only see whites and chicanos mainly at the switch hittin seen. of course whites and chicanos in west too, but watch a cali swangin video, who are the main people puttin it down? why is this so? I'm not bar far turning this into a race thing, I'm from ny, we got all colors, anyone know why this is, . because of rap seen maybe?

·
The Hard Road
16,761 Posts
You have to understand the demographics of lowriding and where it began and it's migration eastward and outward.

Lowriding in the traditional sense hasn't moved en masse to the North East yet. Doubtful it ever will, but we will ride anyway...

Look at NYC for instance...urban settings and hip-hop predominately influence the style of dress and cars young people choose.

What I'm saying is, if you are let's say "white" growing up in NYC you are more likely to be influenced by what I wrote above. Whereas out in Cali or Arizona you are more likely to be influenced by Chicano culture.

Take a look at car club plaques from here versus the west coast.

Most CC plaques over here are done in a more hip-hop/ graffitti style. Out west it's more traditional.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
yah u kno i never really thought of it but he is right,...whenever i watch cali swangin videos they mostly show black people hittin swtiches.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Originally posted by Royal Image Prez NY@Nov 6 2003, 08:05 PM
From what I have seen in the south, ya know georgia, florida, etc, and in the west side, cali. This is only what i see , am i correct? I see more blacks hittin switches on the west side than the south side. All the blacks in the south drive box chevys with 22's. I only see whites and chicanos mainly at the switch hittin seen. of course whites and chicanos in west too, but watch a cali swangin video, who are the main people puttin it down? why is this so? I'm not bar far turning this into a race thing, I'm from ny, we got all colors, anyone know why this is, . because of rap seen maybe?
where are u from homie.... i live in mississippi... by the coast.. and yea.. the black dudes roll in heavy chevyz with big wheels.. they alwayz ask me why i roll on go cart wheelz.. LOL i got 13s with extra low profiles.. i want some white walls bad though... they dont even like switches that much down here... they are always askin questions when im in the lot hitten em.. they like to watch it but they dont know shit about it...... i am one of the most knowledgable people in my town...

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Nov 7 2003, 03:59 PM
they alwayz ask me why i roll on go cart wheelz..
next time a dumbass cocksucker ask you that ask them why you rolling on bicycle wheels bitch?????????????????
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
dumb fucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
yea it pisses me off.. but then ill start cappin on how it sounds like a mad bull got loose in their trunk.. ddddddddd dddddddd dddd dddd dddddddd llllllldddddd.... lol that shit is funny!! it sounds like ass! uuuudddddddddd dddddd

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Nov 7 2003, 04:08 PM
yea it pisses me off.. but then ill start cappin on how it sounds like a mad bull got loose in their trunk.. ddddddddd dddddddd dddd dddd dddddddd llllllldddddd.... lol that shit is funny!! it sounds like ass! uuuudddddddddd dddddd
you talking about there sound system?

·
Registered
369 Posts
its real funny when i pull up next to a whole bunch of people.. and get real close.. and then hit the switch and jump off the ground real quick!! and they all jump and run like somebody is gettin shot up...

it especially works good with blacks.... lol lol

·
Registered
369 Posts
Originally posted by dayton roller+Nov 7 2003, 11:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dayton roller @ Nov 7 2003, 11:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--nissanminitrucker@Nov 7 2003, 04:08 PM
yea it pisses me off.. but then ill start cappin on how it sounds like a mad bull got loose in their trunk.. ddddddddd dddddddd dddd dddd dddddddd llllllldddddd....  lol that shit is funny!! it sounds like ass! uuuudddddddddd dddddd
you talking about there sound system?[/b][/quote]
yea.... it is so fuckin funny!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm originally from Long Island, NY, but live upstate past the capitol, Albany,NY. I'm glad to know some of my black homies in tha south know about hittin a switch, but the big wheel trend did take over, as long as we all unite and enjoy our sport of customizing rides, I just hate seeing other races hatin on each other constantly! I was even thinking of buying some 20's one day just for my family/work car.. but my hydros and 14's will never leave my caprice, love it ,but i am switch happy, and catch bad attention from the cops when my kids are in the car, i don't need that shit! Fuckin Pigs...... I clown a lot when i'm rollin solo or with my boys, big time, cuz i don't care then, my kids are not in the ride, its safer.. cps sucks and they need to mind there own business on how i choose to raise my kids,,, thats it, i'm done, peace,,, keep postin if ya'll got shit to say....

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Isn't the Cali Swanging videos put out by Young Hogg and Young Hogg is Black. If i was making my own videos, you can bet I'd be showcasing my peeps as well. I'll tell you something from a Cali perspective, over here, yeah there are blacks that hit them switches but us Xicanos are the overwhelming majority when it comes to doing a little bit of clowning. I guess it's just the media's biases.

·
Registered
212 Posts
U KNOW WHAT THE WEST AND EAST COAST R A TRIP ESE I MOVED 2 FLORIDA N GOT SCHOOLED ON DA SOUTHEAST YET THE UPPER EAST N SOUTHEAST FLORIDA R DIFFERENT N THEY DO HAVE A SHIT LOAD OF MORENO INFLUENCE CUZ ITS N THEIR GENES THEIR BLOOD ISNT PURE LIKE MY AZTEC SANGRE YET I GOT NUTN BUT LOVE 4 MY JAMAICAN,CUBAN AND BORRICUA CONNECTION!!!!YET I REP DA SURWEST 2 DA FULLEST HOMIE MEXICAN FLAG N MY BACK POCKET ON GOLD DEEZ 13`S REPN WHEN THEM FOOLS LOOKN DOWN ON ME WIT THEM DUNKS I GIVE RESPECT ITS WHAT FLOATS THEIR BOAT YET THE MINUTE THEY CLOWN I FLIP MY SWITCH N 2 O.G. MODE N PUT EM DOWN U KNOW HOW WE DO IT GANGSTER ESE!!!I USE 2 COP ALOT OF HEAT FOR ROLLN WIT CLUBS N GETTN N2 PEDO PERO MI FAMILIA Y MIS CAMARADAS SON PRIMERO Y SI TIENEN PROBLEMAS CON ESO AHORA SI LETS HANDLE THIS SHIT ESE!!!EVEN TEJAS MY TIERRA IS DIFFERENTE VATOS FROM HOUSTON ACTN LIKE NEGROS AND MY GENTE FROM WEST TEX THAT HAVE THAT SO CALLED WEST COAST MENTALITY YET WEST TEXAS HAS BEEN PUTN IT DOWN SURWEST 4 LIFE !!!RAZA UNIDA!!!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Very good and true observation from Royal Image Prez NY. I can't understand it either. I mean, I have no problem with the big wheel look if they can be put on without lifting the body or cutting the fenders. That's straight up nonesense there.

I moved out almost 5 years ago. The low low scene is by no means the way it is in Cali. Everything is very different. No Crenshaw, El Dorado park, no curb servin', crowds are different, It's hard to find parts, or get things serviced. The list goes on.

Surwest... Just to be clear, are you in Florida now or did you move back to Tejas? If you are still in Florida What part of Florida are you at?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm black and I would put 13's and hydros before 24s and lifts any day on a 2-door rwd American classic, and I stay in the South. Lotta kats down here go along with trends when west coast was running musik with Dre and Snoop all you seen was kats with 13's and dros, but now you got T.I. and Jeezy talking nothing but 24s they left lowriders alone. My homies keep telling me to sell my 13s and get 24s and a V8, but I live in the South and the only people who ride with big rims and 4x4 kits are rednecks with their trucks or monster trucks. I think its tacky to do a car like that plus I don't jump on trends so I'll be an old man with a kane still hitting switches.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Originally posted by GotWeed&Sex?@Apr 30 2007, 09:45 AM~7801833
I'm black and I would put 13's and hydros before 24s and lifts any day on a 2-door rwd American classic, and I stay in the South.  Lotta kats down here go along with trends when west coast was running musik with Dre and Snoop all you seen was kats with 13's and dros, but now you got T.I. and Jeezy talking nothing but 24s they left lowriders alone.  My homies keep telling me to sell my 13s and get 24s and a V8, but I live in the South and the only people who ride with big rims and 4x4 kits are rednecks with their trucks or monster trucks.  I think its tacky to do a car like that plus I don't jump on trends so I'll be an old man with a kane still hitting switches.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
this topic was started on Nov 6 2003, 07:05 PM :0

·
Registered
212 Posts
right now i`m out here in tampa slangin sport bikes so i trip cuz these foolz r telln me they got 30 geez in there busas n zx14`s yet come 2 find out all these dealerships and lil shops jus sendn shit out to da surwest n chargn foolz all kinds of paper its funny like dat!!!i really trip cuz foolz be gettn splattered all over the place in florida on flat str8 roads and cant handle these bikes trip homes!!!i use 2 ride in az through da grand canyon blown n deez vatos jus eatn pavement!!!use 2 put miles goin throgh tejas and my favorite place when i lived in san diego haulin azz through pacific coast highway in da heart of da westcoast with some of da sickest low lows and custom bikes and choppers i`ve ever seen!!!i like where i`m at though lots of hinaz fine in tampa and dont give a fuck!!!i went to the tampa show n didnt go into work at the harley shop in o town jumped in da luxury sport and mobbed 2 tampa i liked it so much i transfered 2 tampa doin da dam thing ese husrlin everyday!!people dont know shit about chicanos out here loco and they trip out !!i just tell them 2 tell their friends about me cuz were takn over this bitch mto mexicans takin over raza unida!!!funny part is fat joe was like where my borricuas at and it was quiet den a fukn church mouse in their then my boy dj laz was sayn where my cubanos at and u didnt here shit finally these vatos were known nutn but mexicanos were in dat mofo!!!dont know why they just didnt put slow p,my dog shadow ,ese rich roc,lil cuete,down azz lil rob,or the firme low profile cllique to turn dat motherfucker out now you know how the fuck i get down!!smokn out on 13`s n da lac or impala pimpn n repn!!!i know tejas was repn 2 da fullest i seen vatos wearn my ol area code dat 915 el paso which also use 2 be in my hometown of midland odessa tejas b4 it got switched 2 432!!!da lone star was puutn it down homie!!next time lowrider magazine needs 2 hire their own security instaed of those racist redneck mofos 5 0 n tampa treatn our lil kidz like they were convicts friskn kidz wit metal detectors askn when we got to the door if we had any gunz weaponz or drugz b4 we entered the fair groundz!!fukn pissed me off lrm handle that bullshit so i can enjoy my sunday afternoon wit no bullshit!!!keep the lowrider movement goin and dont hate congradulate!!!arato!!!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Originally posted by Pak Man@Nov 7 2003, 10:26 AM~1259508
yah u kno i never really thought of it but he is right,...whenever i watch cali swangin videos they mostly show black people hittin swtiches.
cali swangin only focus on blacks and lowriders, thats the only reason i dont buy those videos, i buy the ones that have every race hitting switches and thats Truucha :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts