LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 99 silverado and i can't get the spare tire to come down from the bed the place u stick the rod in is stripped, has this ever happened to anyone else and if so what did u do about it or how can i get my tires down without fukin it up worse.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by northwestG@Dec 8 2003, 01:56 AM
wow that would have been funny if i was talkin bout sleepin wit ur mom.
:twak: yes it was.

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by northwestG@Dec 7 2003, 11:24 PM
i have a 99 silverado and i can't get the spare tire to come down from the bed the place u stick the rod in is stripped, has this ever happened to anyone else and if so what did u do about it or how can i get my tires down without fukin it up worse.
are you using the right end of the rod?
cause if you using the wrong end then it won't lock into place and turn.
:cool:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Originally posted by northwestG@Dec 7 2003, 06:24 PM
I KNOW ITS TOO LATE BUT EVRY SECOND OIL CHANGE YOU SHOULD LOWER IT AND RAISE IT BACK UP, MAKE SURE ITS LUBED YOU DON'T WANT TO GET STUCK AT THE SIDE OF THE ROAD WITH NO SPARE :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx PROJECT6DEUCE at least one person had something normal to say about this i have never taken it down since it wouldn't have fit anyway since i had 22s on there. but i will remember to that now. yes i was using the right end.... it is probably jus stripped and i will get it fixed at a shop or something...

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
you sure you using the right end, thats an easy ting to do, using the wrong end of the rod that is, i've done that b4....the wrong end won't go into the slot but feels like it did and feels like its stripped...happened to me the first time i took my spare down off my burban.....

·
Registered
379 Posts
mine was never taken down since 1989 so i had to cut the cable with my torch :uh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts