LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of nice people here. Asked a whole bunch of neewbie questions at the tire & wheel forum and everyone was cool.

I'd like your opinions on my stereo set up.

Brief history, I have a 1992 Camaro. I have the original head unit and I got a rockford amp and 2 10" kickers in the back. Music sound O so lovely.

I'm looking into a 2000 Cadillac Deville. I realize I basically have to put the Speakers and box in the trunk. In the Camaro there is no "trunk", it's a open hatchback. So when I listen to my Special Ed or Biz Markie, the speakers sound good because their not "enclosed" in a truck.

3 questions:

What do you guys suggest I get for Deville?? 4 10's or 2 12's.

Should I aim the speakers facing the back seat, or facing end of the car.

Do you think the music will still sound good with speakers enclosed in a truck. I'm assuming the new Caddies are heavily insulated.

I value you guys opinions.

I'm out like an 8-track.

LM

·
Registered
52 Posts
thats going to be a nice ride man. i think getting 2 really good 12's would be pretty good. don't know how much you want to spend though. yes it will sound good in the trunk but you might get a lot of rattle from the trunk. just a idea. hope you find what it is you want.

·
Registered
306 Posts
cadillacs rattle liek crazy. i know someone with an eldo with 4x12 eclipes, 2 amps and some funky patterened velvet all over the boxes and trunk. even though it is a professional job, you hear the rattles and not the bass (this is only outside the car, inside is another story).

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
One good thing about Caddy's heavily dampened on the interior, bad thing about Caddi's no dampening in the trunk. So if you face your subs towards the back you will get great bass out of them. 2 - 12's should be great, but then the other problems occur. You have to use some sort of sound deadning on the back area, or you will have panels rattling like crazy. Invest in some dynamat. They have a trunk kit that is pretty good, but you might need just a little bit more to really get the benefit. About $200.00 should do you right with deadning. Look around for the best price. I personally like the Trunk Kit from Dynamat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts