LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Speakers

1K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  Swangin44s 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Run away from that entire company, much less the junk they sell ;)

What are you tring to accomplish exactly? Maybe one of us can steer you in the direction of a good purchase. I just hate seeing people spend money on junk when they just could of spent the same on something much better. Almost 100% of the stuff thats available to you off the shelf to buy in the car audio and electronics industry, is also almost 100% junk.

#4 ·
Originally posted by Cadillac Ed@Sep 14 2005, 10:07 PM~3816908
i KNEW when i clicked the link it was gonna be dual.  its cheap garbage, dont waste your money
lmao

the second i saw bestbuy in the link, i was like "aww, best buy slanging that dual shit again"....

i second that, dont even waste your time on any dual or bazooka (yes i said bazooka) products...

draarong and his little sister can make better coaxils then dual bro... :biggrin:

-qs

#6 ·
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 14 2005, 10:20 PM~3817006
when did he mention Bazooka ?  :confused:
being that we were on the topic of bestbuy selling bullshit products, and his choice of coaxil was a bullshit bestbuy product, and bazooka and dual arent that far apart in price, i saved him the trouble of saying "okay, well what about bazooka" :biggrin: ... like my professor says, "use CRITICAL THINKING"... logics baby, gotta love it

if A then B
not A
therefore
not B

-qs

#7 ·
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 14 2005, 08:24 PM~3817036
being that we were on the topic of bestbuy selling bullshit products, and his choice of coaxil was a bullshit bestbuy product,  and bazooka and dual arent that far apart in price, i saved him the trouble of saying "okay, well what about bazooka"  :biggrin: ... like my professor says, "use CRITICAL THINKING"... logics baby, gotta love it

if A then B
not A
therefore
not B

-qs
...dont want to spoil your logic, but Best Buy doesnt sell Bazooka Products.

#11 ·
here are a couple of clues in deciphering whether a product sucks....

step 1:

look at its specs (most first look at RMS and then peak power just to see the ratio)... and then look at the price of other products in its same RMS range...

step 2:
look at its outer look...ask yourself, "did they put all this chrome shit on here just to make it pleasing to the eye, and woe me into buying it?" or if the entire thing lights up with illuminites, you should ask yourself the same thing...

step 3:
do a little comparing...

if an amp (for example) says 400watts RMS on it for $50, and all the other amps that produce 400watts RMS are $140 and up, a light should go off in your head....

then you look at its appearance, and say to yourself "its whats on the inside that counts"...if the shit is all blingy and 50% of it lights up, another light should go off in your head...

if you have two light bulbs burning bright in your head, chances are, your more then likely paying for the attractiveness of the product rather then the actual performance...

dont get me wrong now, there are some very very good products out there that are a lil attractive, for example, i personnaly like the Basket and assemply as well as the dust cap on compVr's, L5's and L7's... i also like the way orions amps look and the way some memphis amps look...

but thats why there are two aspects to look at and not just one...

but there are some sucky products out there with big prices and are ugly as well...

but the best and fail proof way is to sample the shit yourself... but if you have the luck i have, you wont be able to find a place to sample what you are looking into purchasing...

thanks guys, i'll see you in class tomorrow, we will go over wiring impedence and finish up on our discussion of what is considered good and poor quality...

-qs

#17 ·
Originally posted by Collin@Sep 15 2005, 10:29 PM~3824832
Thanks cutty buddy, I pretty much did what you told me. That is why the red flags started waving in my head. Also since you brought it up, what do ohms exactly do? Like a speaker with 4 ohms compared to 2?

ohm is just a measure of resistence...so if you have a speaker thats 4ohms, you need an amplifier that is stable at 4ohms or more...if you have a speaker that is 2ohm, you need an amplifier that is stable at 2ohms or more

the big talk is that 4ohm loads run your system cooler then 2 or 1 ohm loads being that there is more resisitence (BUT there is nothing wrong with running a system at 2ohms or 1ohm if your amp is stable at that ohm load)... dont get confused though, if there is a sub woofer that can be purchased at either 4ohm or 2ohm, one isnt louder then the other, thats just to give you a wiring variety (if they didnt do that, and you bought an amp thats stable at 4ohms, and the sub manufacturer only made the subs 2ohms, they wont get your money because you wont buy it being that placing a 2ohm load on an amp that is stable at 4ohms will turn the amp into a paper weight)

i dont know about the brackets in a g-body, what is the stock size for the speakers?

are you trying to go from a 6x9 to something smaller?

www.crutchfield.com is a good site to look at if thats what your planning on doing...

-qs

#19 ·
Originally posted by 1lowimpala@Sep 19 2005, 08:05 PM~3845601
http://quadrasub.netfirms.com/
i was just getting ready to search brahmabrians site for that link...

good looking 1low...

collin, read up on that site, there is alot of awaiting knowledge there

i've read it (as well as other sources) and its helped me out alot...

-qs

#20 ·
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 19 2005, 05:07 PM~3845618

good looking 1low...

-qs
thought someone was going to, I new brian would of :cheesy:

#21 ·
Originally posted by 1lowimpala+Sep 19 2005, 08:05 PM~3845601-->
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 19 2005, 08:07 PM~3845618
good looking 1low...
-qs
<!--QuoteBegin-1lowimpala
@Sep 19 2005, 08:10 PM~3845633
thought someone was going to, I new brian would of  :cheesy:
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=169119

I'm the winner! :cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.