LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am about to go to the store and buy the fiberglass needed to make my speker pods

i was thinking of takeing a cool whip container lining it with foil and fiberglassing that because it is the size i need for my mids will that work??

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool man yeah i am running 3 sets of the 176A alpine comp set and i need to make 2 sets of pods the other set is going in a set of pre fab kick panals

any in fo on how to make these sound there best ?? i want mild mid bass but very clear sound

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
I found the issue, but the tech is ripped out! It's in October of 2001. What you can do is get some like, 1/8" aluminum plate, and pop rivet pieces to cover all the giant holes in your door, (tons of spray deadener on the outer skin) then lay some dynamat over that. and then do your speakers. That way your door is pretty much sealed and you'll get a better sound.

He used the cool whip bowl for the shape, then cut a hole in the back. Then took some metal grill stuff and sandwiched fiberglass insulation in between it. If you can find that issue, it'll answer all of your questions.

btw, an Aperiodic enclosure, which is what i just described, will give you better mid-bass and better power handling.

Last edited by 1ofaknd at Nov 26 2003, 07:17 PM

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool man yeah it is kinda hard to explain were i am putting the duble set of comps but i am makeing one custom incloshure i was out tonight mesureing and make templats (spelling)

i will get some pics once i start on it and thanks for the help i think i have that issue some were i will look :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool i have got every thing to do it but am still in the thinking mode i dont want to wast or mess up a whole buch off the fiberglass that shit is not cheap i am about to go meshure some more start doing the metal on the doors and what would you say to use on the floors etc i was going to buy some spray on sound dedner (spelling) put 3 or 4 coats of that on the floors and quarters and then get some dyno matt(is there any thing cheaper and as good or better i can use?) and line every thing with that i was going to go 2 layers run all the wires then another 2 that way the rca etc.. dont have any road noise in them
what do you think any info would be grate :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
I think in that tech the guy sprayed like 3 liters of some RF sound deadener on the outer door skin. I would do something similar with dynamat to your kicks. For the large flat areas use some xtreme dynamat.

But make sure you get 1/8" aluminum for the holes in your doors. I went to my local sheet metal place and got three pieces for each door. And they cut it for me. only cost around $28. I sprayed about 6 cans of rubberized undercoating onto each door skin, Then i pop riveted the metal over the holes and siliconed around it. Then add your one or two layers of dynamat.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool man thanks for the help it sucks becuase every thing is closed to day but it give me time to think off things and right a list out i will get some pics of every thing as i start doing it

thanks man

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats fucked up but yeah man it sucks cant really do anything tonight or all of today because of every thing being closed pluse i cant make the pods with out atleast buying one set of the highs so i know that they will fit just right it would suck to spend all that time and then them not fit right so i have to get a set tommrow

i am going to run the alpine 176A comp set i am buying them for 120 to 150 a set i love the way they sound but is there any thing that is about that price range you know of that will sound better ??

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats cool i went and hurd a set today and i have totaly made my mind up i like the 176a more than almost any thing and i cant beat the price at 130 a set

i got my sub also i was going to be running 2 8" W7 jl's but the box was going to be to big i need a small box becuase of the juice so i just bought one 8" W7 and i am starting on the box tommrow :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i will i hae not done this shit for years so i might mess up a sheet of wood but i will get it down agine

:uh: :biggrin: ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts