LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
THats the golden question..

All i know is its something the Pros do .. And they all say if u dont know what it is or how to do it then u dont need to attempt it yourself.. THey also say its optional.. Not needed .. One of those secrets that the Pros wont tell..

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Originally posted by juicedinsanta12@Sep 29 2007, 05:26 PM~8896024
i need to know what it is, what it does and how to do it.  :0
:nosad:

·
57 RAG
30,659 Posts
it's where you extend the cross memeber on the car. I heard it's like say your doing a push up with your arms close together well you struggle but if you spread your arms apart it's alot easier if that makes any sense. I heard some guys that have done it say they'd never do it again so I guess it's overrated

·
Registered
889 Posts
WHAT IT IS JUST SPREADING THE FRAME AT THE TOP 1'' AND THEN RIENFORCING IT, WHAT IT DOES FOR US IS BRING THE ARMS DOWN AND WILL MOVE THE BELLY UPWARD AND KEEPS THE CAR FROM BOTTOMING OUT. THATS WHAT YOU WILL BENIFIT THE MOST FROM IS HAVING ALOT MORE ROOM UNDERNEATH THE CAR AND ALOW THE SPRINGS TO MAKE CONTACT AT THE TOP INSIDE THE SPRING POCKET THEN YOU LAUNCH IT IN THE AIR WITH THE PUMP, SINCE YOU WILL NOT STOP THE CAR FROM HITTING THE FLOOR WITH THE PUMP. THERE IS NO MORE MAGIC OTHER THAN THAT, JUST BE READY TO ADJUST THE BUMPER SHOCKS AND STEER LINKAGE SOME.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Originally posted by 87cuttlashopper@Sep 30 2007, 08:05 PM~8903342
WHAT IT IS JUST SPREADING THE FRAME AT THE TOP 1'' AND THEN RIENFORCING IT, WHAT IT DOES FOR US IS BRING THE ARMS DOWN AND WILL MOVE THE BELLY UPWARD AND KEEPS THE CAR FROM BOTTOMING OUT. THATS WHAT YOU WILL BENIFIT THE MOST FROM IS HAVING ALOT MORE ROOM UNDERNEATH THE CAR AND ALOW THE SPRINGS TO MAKE CONTACT AT THE TOP INSIDE THE SPRING POCKET THEN YOU LAUNCH IT IN THE AIR WITH THE PUMP, SINCE YOU WILL NOT STOP THE CAR FROM HITTING THE FLOOR WITH THE PUMP. THERE IS NO MORE MAGIC OTHER THAN THAT, JUST BE READY TO ADJUST THE BUMPER SHOCKS AND STEER LINKAGE SOME.
Oops.. :) I should have read all the posts b4 I answered. good expaination :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
U can also cut the bottom of the belly and recess it in and acheive the changing of the height of the crossmember instead of goin thru the whole cuttin the belly. cuttin the belly and stretching it is also pretty much the only way to fix a unreinforced frame on the top where the motor mounts are set from hopping they will sink in and from locking up the rear end and shoving ur driveline into the tranny and ur tranny pitching the motor will also roll the top of the frame in.

·
Registered
251 Posts
good topic/well explained :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Oct 1 2007, 12:42 PM~8908120
U can also cut the bottom of the belly and recess it in and acheive the changing of the height of the crossmember instead of goin thru the whole cuttin the belly.  cuttin the belly and stretching it is also pretty much the only way to fix a unreinforced frame on the top where the motor mounts are set from hopping they will sink in and from locking up the rear end and shoving ur driveline into the tranny and ur tranny pitching the motor will also roll the top of the frame in.
WE TRYED THIS AND ITS ALL TRUE, BUT REMEMBER TO PUT AT LEAST A 1/4'' PLATE UNDERNEATH THE CROSSMEMBER TO HOLD IT TOGETHER, AND IF NOT CUT EVENLY IT CAN THROW YOUR HOP OFF BY ONLY DROPPING ONE SIDE. ALL THE CARS THAT WERE DONE WERE DONE AT THE TOP AND ALL WORKED FOR US GREAT.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Originally posted by 87cuttlashopper@Sep 30 2007, 08:05 PM~8903342
:yes:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by 87cuttlashopper@Sep 30 2007, 09:05 PM~8903342

my center link had to be bent the fuck back and some adjustments to the steering aswell. bumper shocks were straight. i was there when my guys were stretching the crossmember and i had to close my eyes.lol the results are well noticeable. i like it

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
TTT FOR GOOD INFO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts