LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently can do front/back. I have two spool one valve for the front and one forthe back. I am debating whether I should get four parker valves for the front two corners and run the spool valves on the back two corners so i can control each corner.
OR
Should i just buy two more spool valves for the front (which is very cheap right now!!!!!!!!!!go to streetbeatcustoms.com and the 3/8" spool 4-way spool valves are only $80 a piece!)

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

·
Registered
115 Posts
these valves you call regular are called diaphragm valves....just to let you know!
not being cocky or anything!
i currently have diaphragm valves and am changing to spool because there faster and wont burp...(loose bag pressure when tank is low)

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
no way are spools faster, and I think youe the same idiot that was on here last week talking shit

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Oct 27 2003, 12:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Oct 27 2003, 12:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER@Oct 27 2003, 04:32 AM
no way are spools faster, and I think youe the same idiot that was on here last week talking shit
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm[/b][/quote]
you know who I'm talking about Joe, his name was like SLC-SID or some shit like that...

·
Registered
115 Posts
that SID-SLC was a fucking idiot messing around
a buddy of mine is running 3/8 MAC spool and its fast!
and the best part is if you loose tank pressure you wont loose bag pressure like on a diaphragm valve system would

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by streetlevelcreations@Oct 26 2003, 11:21 PM
these valves you call regular are called diaphragm valves....just to let you know!
not being cocky or anything!
i currently have diaphragm valves and am changing to spool because there faster and wont burp...(loose bag pressure when tank is low)
i think your in idiot,, for one spool valves are the most suckiest valves evar mad. and with a diaphragm valve all you need to do is install a check valve. spool valves over heat and start to warp. i know this all to well .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe we can respectively argue with one another to get our points across.

What do you mean they will warp? How does that effect there performance?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Spool valves suck ass!! They were designed primarily to be multidirectional for industrial machinary that operated at low pressure with no humidity. Anything above 120 psi and they will eventually leak. Water trap or not your never ganna run a water free system in a car.

Most diaphragm valves were designed to run high pressure and are capable of letting oil,water, or air pas through so there is no need to run a water trap.

Not to mention that they are matenance free no taking the spool out for cleaning and re greasing. Install the once and be done with it.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i am using diagphram valves smc but they stick at 220 which kinda sucks, i'm moving up to 1/2 GC, I heard nothing about good thinsg from them, I would go with the mac's but I want to try the GC's, some guys at our shop are using 3/8 macs @ 500 psi nitrogen and having no problems with them so more power to them....I wanna try the GC's, I have seen their preformance, I think everyone has a valve of their choice, so just go with what you want and don't hate on eachother, we shouldn't be hating on eachother, we should be hating on all the chumps with juice..lol jp :biggrin:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Oh I wasnt hating (I hate hating) I was just letting him know actual facts about t spool valves. Several years a ago I used them on every set-up because they were the popular choice. since then I have experimented with every valve I can get my hands on and spool valves just dont perform as well as diaphragm valves. No matter who makes them, who sellls them, or who reccomends them the fact is they suck.

You said your friend has MAC valves and has had no problems but I'd be willing to bet if he switched to a diaphram valve set-up the difference would be noticable enough he would switch for good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by brizzyb@Nov 5 2003, 10:13 PM
I believe we can respectively argue with one another to get our points across.

What do you mean they will warp? How does that effect there performance?
i had parker 3/8 spool valves on my 1st set up and the main blody of the valve warped from over heating and caused the valve to permently leak. then the o rings on the inside had a tendacy to go bad.then you had to tear the valve apart to rebuild it .. FOOK all that. my blitz 1/2s diaphram valves have not let me down in almost a year.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Man I hate spools. I was always rebuilding those suckers or taking them apart to clean them. Any dirt or water at all and they became junk.

My diaphram valves work great.

P

·
0 Posts
I sell GC Valves..Best on the market ..And i offer a warrenty on all my valves for 5 years hassle free.
Hit me up

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
would anyone know where I can get a diagram of diaphram valves? Or any valves for that matter? Thankyou.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Nov 9 2003, 02:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Nov 9 2003, 02:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Foompla@Nov 9 2003, 09:20 AM
would anyone know where I can get a diagram of diaphram valves?  Or any valves for that matter?  Thankyou.
a set up or how they work[/b][/quote]
I was looking to see how they work, but any info that you cuold give me would be great. Or any direction you can point me in would be just as good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i just bought an used air ride kit for my acura n it came with those kind of MACs spool valves can anyone give a installation diagram of how to install them i have air cylinders the size is 3/8s theres a hole that has no fitting is hole #4[attachmentid=474382][attachmentid=474382][attachmentid=474382]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts