LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the headliner in my daily and it looked perfect. now its sagging a few days later. so, i look at the spray glue i used and it says not for auto headliners, oops. where can i get good spray glue?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,069 Posts
all the can glues suck . especially for headliners, and even more so if its vinyl. they just dont hold. the only way to go is to get contact adhesive (the kind for laying down lenolium countertops n stuff). you can get it at home depot but it might be expencive there. comes in 5 gallon buckets(maybe you can find a smaller size). you use a cheap paint gun with an air compressor. apply the glue to both surfaces, let it sit for like 5 mins. and then lay down the fabric. it will bond instantly so be careful. also make sure you prep the headliner good with a wire brush or sander. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by DroptLinkin@Sep 26 2003, 03:23 PM
all the can glues suck . especially for headliners, and even more so if its vinyl. they just dont hold. the only way to go is to get contact adhesive (the kind for laying down lenolium countertops n stuff). you can get it at home depot but it might be expencive there. comes in 5 gallon buckets(maybe you can find a smaller size). you use a cheap paint gun with an air compressor. apply the glue to both surfaces, let it sit for like 5 mins. and then lay down the fabric. it will bond instantly so be careful. also make sure you prep the headliner good with a wire brush or sander. ;)
cool man, do i have any other options, i dont have a compressor or spay gun :(
 

·
Face Puncher
Joined
·
25,975 Posts
spay gun???? :0 :0


hey Matt, you can borrow my small compressor but you cant spray glue through my gun...

look for a post by wired62, he showed the glue that he uses...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Sep 26 2003, 08:18 PM
spay gun????  :0  :0


hey Matt, you can borrow my small compressor but you cant spray glue through my gun...

look for a post by wired62, he showed the glue that he uses...
he uses the same spray out of a gun glue that we use out of a 5 gal bucket......buy a shitter paint gun :biggrin:



Last edited by KurupT at Sep 27 2003, 03:28 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,096 Posts
all 3M sucks...i just wrapped some things in my car a week ago...and its all comming un-done already...so im just going to color match it with the color of my ride :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,936 Posts
Originally posted by dwnlow4lif@Sep 28 2003, 06:18 PM
all 3M sucks...i just wrapped some things in my car a week ago...and its all comming un-done already...so im just going to color match it with the color of my ride :biggrin:
are you sure you prepped it right and sprayed enough glue??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,737 Posts
ive never had a headliner sag with high strength 90....its all about prep with that stuff but it is nowhere near as good as the contact glue thats in the 5 gallon buckets...now this whole let the glue sit for 5 minutes..thats a bit extreme...letting the glue sit for 15 seconds and it will still bond instantly...i suggest going with the good stuff and buy a cheap 20$ spray gun...do a couple of headliners for other people and you will pay off all your investments and make some change in the process
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix@Sep 29 2003, 02:16 PM
could i use a paint brush and apply a light coat?
some you can but it depends on what you plan on sticking together..also that stuff is thick so painting it on isnt going to be what you think
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by enough_talkin+Sep 30 2003, 09:11 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (enough_talkin @ Sep 30 2003, 09:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--rollin low in a grand prix@Sep 29 2003, 02:16 PM
could i use a paint brush and apply a light coat?
some you can but it depends on what you plan on sticking together..also that stuff is thick so painting it on isnt going to be what you think[/b][/quote]
yea i get what your saying, only one way to find out...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,085 Posts
I USED THE 3M SPRAY GLUE TO DO THE CRUSH IN MY TRUNK, THAT SHIT STARTED TO SAG THE NEXT DAY!
THEN I WENT TO AUTO ZONE BOUGHT THE 4.00 SHIT, AND IT'S BEEN FINE FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS NOW.
TRY THAT STUFF, IT IT DOESN'T WORK, HEY YOUR ONLY OUT 4 BUCKS!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
888 Posts
I use a brand called "stick it!" ...

did my entire interior in tweed with it...been installed for over 1 year no probs,, its all about the prep work though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
i work in a shop that makes office cubicles and we got this can stuff called "fast foam". i think it's made by 3m but that stuff is awesome. it's been doing a killer job on my interior. ;)
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top