LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a ton of experience with kandy, just wondering how hard it is to get the panels to match if the body is sprayed seperate from the rest of the panels? Am I better off sprayin the jambs, puttin it all together then sprayin it all together?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Originally posted by chaddyb@Feb 28 2010, 12:54 PM~16750688
I don't have a ton of experience with kandy, just wondering how hard it is to get the panels to match if the body is sprayed seperate from the rest of the panels? Am I better off sprayin the jambs, puttin it all together then sprayin it all together?
Yeah putting the car together and spraying it is by far your best bet. Good luck with the kandy and post some pics when you get it sprayed :cool:

G

·
i wouldnt ever recomend sprayin candys on any panels, cause 9 times outta 10 they wont match... good luck though if you try it

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I have had good results doing this, but you need to have lots of space and have the parts on racks the same way they would be on the car. You have to be able to do them all at the same time. Its not just candys, a lot of colors are transparent and can cause matching issues. This cream on my caddy is one of them.

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Jamb it,put it back together and spray,it'll be a nightmare otherwise.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I kinda figured it would be more consistent if it were all spayed together, I like to spray cars apart whenever possible, I, like to alleviate any chance of tape lines whenever possible. I kinda figured kandy would be a headache tho. I've had some luck laying down kandy at diff times on bikes before, but then again, the fenders and tank aren't right next to each other like a door and quarter panel.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Put the enitre car together, do the bodywork so it all matches. Spray the entire car together, and then take it all back apart and blend any of the missed spots or lighter areas. The chances of getting a candy to match sparaying everything individually is not very good if your a rookie.

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by chaddyb@Feb 28 2010, 07:46 PM~16752949
I kinda figured it would be more consistent if it were all spayed together, I like to spray cars apart whenever possible, I, like to alleviate any chance of tape lines whenever possible. I kinda figured kandy would be a headache tho. I've had some luck laying down kandy at diff times on bikes before, but then again, the fenders and tank aren't right next to each other like a door and quarter panel.
I've done candy bikes as well,cars and bikes are completely different,you can have a guy who does an amazing show quality candy on a bike,and completely fuck up a car.
Smaller surface areas are more forgiving when it comes to candies. ;)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
you can jamb and shoot the body at the same time. put your base metallic in the jambs then lock it in with some intercoat clear, then base and do you full kandy job on the out side panels. after your last coat of clear is finished come back to the jambs with your kandy and be careful not to get too much over spray on the outside panels. when you rub the body and jambs back for flow coating you rub off the light over spray on the outer panels (sits on top of the clear) and flow coat the whole car with the panels off, no lines or edges and everything matches. you can even do your jambs with kandy concentrate and a small touch up gun, less coats covers quicker.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
:uh: :around: :eek:

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the input, Ill be jambing it then putting it together and spraying it, not sure im gonna even do kandy though, im torn between hok tangelo, and the sunset pearl tri stage, either way, im gonna do it the same, Ive had some issues with HOK's PBC's before. :cool:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Originally posted by Maximus1959@Feb 28 2010, 07:48 PM~16752967
Put the enitre car together, do the bodywork so it all matches. Spray the entire car together, and then take it all back apart and blend any of the missed spots or lighter areas. The chances of getting a candy to match sparaying everything individually is not very good if your a rookie.
This is cool if you are thee most careful person in the world
(I've seen your nice 59 ride, I think you may be)
But if your known to rush, then you might not want to do this
A lot of times, things dont go on the way they came off
Shifting of parts, shims, not enough sleep, bad helpers can lead to chipped paint

Jamb it all first, put back together
Mask-paper-cover well, then spray
Good luck :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts