LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever installed spring spacers on a stock suspension? If so what kind and how did they work? I am planning to put 14s on my 69 cady soon and have been told I will need to lift the car about 1 inch to keep my cross member from draging.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
them thing ant worth sh## homie. i never had any luck with them they kelp pop'in out lo..

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Originally posted by dtysthriderz@Nov 30 2008, 11:41 PM~12297990
them thing ant worth sh## homie.  i never had any luck with them they kelp pop'in out lo..
x2

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by Homer Pimpson@Nov 30 2008, 08:31 PM~12297227
Anyone ever installed spring spacers on a stock suspension? If so what kind and how did they work? I am planning to put 14s on my 69 cady soon and have been told I will need to lift the car about 1 inch to keep my cross member from draging.
shit i had 14x7 on my 73 monte carlo and it wasnt lifted for a while and it drive just fine. you might be a lil lower but it was okay. just haev to watch for speed bumpers though..just like any car thats lower... you can also switch to a coil we use in hydraulics. i dont see why that wouldnt work, since youre still using shocks

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I was thinking but someone told me that I would have to install the spacers. I have rolled 13s and 14s on my other cars both with stock suspensions and lifted with no problems.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by Homer Pimpson@Nov 30 2008, 10:07 PM~12298284
Thats what I was thinking but someone told me that I would have to install the spacers. I have rolled 13s and 14s on my other cars both with stock suspensions and lifted with no problems.
there shouldnt be a problem. theres plenty of people rolling 13's and 14's on stock suspension

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by AndrewH@Dec 1 2008, 01:14 AM~12299518
damn thats dumb. if you are lifting a car at all, you got probs
Why, if thats what it takes to keep the cr drivable. I'm not talking about donking it out its a 1" spacer I was looking at. If the car rides fine with out it then it will stay stock.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Auto Zone has Poly ones that look like a DOGBONE shape theire 1 1/2 in one direction and 2" the other they work AWSOME. $3.00 a pair. I did 2 pairs PER SPRING.. THE DUBS FIT JUST FINE...

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by DirtySouth Cantina@Dec 2 2008, 12:25 PM~12311941
Auto Zone has Poly ones that look like a DOGBONE shape theire 1 1/2 in one direction and 2" the other they work AWSOME. $3.00 a pair. I did 2 pairs PER SPRING..  THE DUBS FIT JUST FINE...
I'm not trying to fit big rims I just want to keep my crossmember from dragging. All I need, if anything, is about 1 inch.

·
1,395 Posts
Originally posted by Homer Pimpson@Dec 2 2008, 03:54 PM~12313834
I'm not trying to fit big rims I just want to keep my crossmember from dragging. All I need, if anything, is about 1 inch.

If its only 1 inch and its not draggin, then its only 1 inch off the ground :dunno: :dunno:

I rolled 13's on my 66 cadillac, it was LOW, but nothing dragging...... it did scrape when I hit speed bumps, and pulled into places where the driveways weren't level.

honestly I think you'll be fine, put them on and see what it does. If its a problem, run a bigger coil.....fuck them spacers!!!!

I had some when I was 17, and they kept poppin out ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts