LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive used springs on a few of my model hoppers,,,well usually just my dancers,,,when i do,,i set my suspension up,, ahead of time for the springs

this is my prob,,,,i built a diecast 1/18 scale 58 impala hopper,,,this thing is HEAVY,,,and when it hops ,it hits the ground HARD (im scared it will wake up my neighbors, cause its so loud,haha),,,and i know im lossing inches, cause of the impact,,,,so i need springs for it, but i have no room for them in my usual place on the u bars (in the area where springs on a real car go),,,

so has any used any thing else for spings?,,,,like rubber bands,,pull springs, ect..

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by jevries@Sep 23 2003, 07:02 PM
I've tried rubber bands back in the days...but the plastic models where to light to get any use of the bands.
My guess is that with diecasts it will work. What I did was attaching the rubber band over the plastic shafts so when the car goes down the U-bar hits the rubberbands and gets a little boost..or a soft landing. ;)
that exactly what i was thinking,,,its gonna be hard to get the tension right though

thats probably what ima end up trying

1 - 4 of 4 Posts