LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive used springs on a few of my model hoppers,,,well usually just my dancers,,,when i do,,i set my suspension up,, ahead of time for the springs

this is my prob,,,,i built a diecast 1/18 scale 58 impala hopper,,,this thing is HEAVY,,,and when it hops ,it hits the ground HARD (im scared it will wake up my neighbors, cause its so loud,haha),,,and i know im lossing inches, cause of the impact,,,,so i need springs for it, but i have no room for them in my usual place on the u bars (in the area where springs on a real car go),,,

so has any used any thing else for spings?,,,,like rubber bands,,pull springs, ect..

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
I've tried rubber bands back in the days...but the plastic models where to light to get any use of the bands.
My guess is that with diecasts it will work. What I did was attaching the rubber band over the plastic shafts so when the car goes down the U-bar hits the rubberbands and gets a little boost..or a soft landing. ;)

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by jevries@Sep 23 2003, 07:02 PM
I've tried rubber bands back in the days...but the plastic models where to light to get any use of the bands.
My guess is that with diecasts it will work. What I did was attaching the rubber band over the plastic shafts so when the car goes down the U-bar hits the rubberbands and gets a little boost..or a soft landing. ;)
that exactly what i was thinking,,,its gonna be hard to get the tension right though

thats probably what ima end up trying

1 - 4 of 4 Posts