LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to do flakes on my motorycycle..only thing is, my friend can't seem to get the flakes to shoot out properly no matter what we try.

Now, I was thinking, can I just get flakes, pour them into an empty sprinkle bottle and "sprinkle" them on the clear coat? then reclear over it again?
I want to use the crystal looking flakes, so I am assuming it may be more harder to tell if they arent put on 100% even.This will be over yellow paint.

OR is this a big no no?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Well sprinkling them on the wet clear will work, but trying to get it even, and on the sides or from underneath is going to be tricky at best.

There is no reason why mini flake will not shoot out of a 2.2 tip........in fact it should shoot just fine out of a 1.4 tip

What kind of flake and what brand are you trying to shoot.......Aslo what are you mixing the flake in, and what kind of gun are you using?

·
Registered
262 Posts
we use 1.4 on all our flake . house of color and old school mixed w / clear or intercoat and we shoot just fine. but how much flake are you using? try 3 to 4 table spoons depending on the affect and it should do fine. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
Originally posted by Mi Estilo CC@Aug 17 2005, 02:32 PM~3643196
Well sprinkling them on the wet clear will work, but trying to get it even, and on the sides or from underneath is going to be tricky at best.
There is no reason why mini flake will not shoot out of a 2.2 tip........in fact it should shoot just fine out of a 1.4 tip

What kind of flake and what brand are you trying to shoot.......Aslo what are you mixing the flake in, and what kind of gun are you using?
I SHOT MY FLAKE WITH 1.4 AND IT WAS THE HOK BIG FLAKE,MAYBE SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE GUN?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts