LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup, i got a 96' lincoln towncar thats in the the shop right now getting hydraulics installed..3 pumps.. 2 banks of 4 heavy ass batteries along the sides, but heres a question for the towncar owners ..

What size cylinders will give me a standing 3,
im not a fan of a chain-bridge but is it better to get bigger cylinder such as 16" or 18" without chains..or instead of a chain-bridge with smaller cylinders ?

·
Registered
419 Posts
get a coil over kit w/powerballs and 14inch comp cylinders and chainbridge guarantee a standing 3 wheel if you have enough weight distributed on the sides

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Your question can be directed to anyone w/ a RWD car, not just the Towncars. I fell ya though, wanted an option from someone who has the same car, maybe same set-up to relate to...I feel ya...
Anyway, you may be able to do a standing 3 after the install if the battery bays are pushed toward the corners enough.
Of coarse taller cylinders will help but take into concideration your vehicle's rear suspention travel. Doesn't make sense to put a 18" cylinder back there if the ride only has 15" of travel allowance. You can put whatever size back there you want w/ the right mods.
Even though you said your not a fan of the chain bridge, it's the biggest help w/ a 3 wheel.
Do you have 2 pumps going to the front or rear? Why aren't you a "fan" of the chain bridge?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well just the tought of having chains dangling in the rear .. but if it neccasary i will get it done .... but say if i get those mods done to allow more tavel for the 18"'s will the size of the height of the 3 wheel will be the same as 14" with chains ?? its a coil-over setup with proballs

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
My mann, if your having a set-up of coil-overs + proballs, you should have a standing 3 after the install if the batteries are placed right....
Your theory sounds like it'd work right.......thats not neccesially true. If you have the dough to spend for the mods to accept the 18's, do it ........ and add the fu*cking chain bridge..... then you'll see a real 3 wheel. You'll have the rim in your face.
Yeah, I used to not want the chains dangling below my car and on the ground...but its not how you think. Plus, if done right you can install hangers so they won't dangle like your thinking.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
I'm switching to coilover on my lincoln soon...ill swap the rear suspension out over winter when i park it...i know some people that tie their chains off and wrap them in hose that way they dont dangle but the tie offs dont obstruct the chains..guess that makes sense just jack it up until the chains are tight and strap to the center of it then leaving a little slack...that way when its low you wont drag..maybe that will help ya out

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Oct 1 2003, 03:55 PM
I'm switching to coilover on my lincoln soon...ill swap the rear suspension out over winter when i park it...i know some people that tie their chains off and wrap them in hose that way they dont dangle but the tie offs dont obstruct the chains..guess that makes sense just jack it up until the chains are tight and strap to the center of it then leaving a little slack...that way when its low you wont drag..maybe that will help ya out
Dido....

·
Registered
156 Posts
HERE YA GO I HAVE COIL OVER, POWERBALLS, CHAINBRIDGE, AND 16'S IN BACK. I HAD TO CUT THE CORNER OF THE WHEEL WELLS OUT, AND MODIFY FOR THE BATTERIES TO FIT ALL THE WAY ON THE SIDES. LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPS. PLENTY OF PICS.

Here it is 4 CCE competition pumps, 8 super thrust batteries, 10 switches, 4 selenoid blocks, front pockets reinforced, upper a-arms extended, lowers capped, 3 1/2 ton coils with 6's, back is 2 1/2 ton coils with 16's, power balls, chain bridge, and humps reinforced. car is an Executive edition and really clean. all white with blue rag top, and matching blue leather interior. car has 130,000 miles, and runs, and performs excellent. car has to be sold so my loss is your gain. if no offers are excepted, car will be on ebay, within the week. contact at [email protected] or
1-765-284-3235 ask for kyle

for pics go to this link and click on my photos
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/pumped4show
more pics at
http://www.geocities.com/pumped4show/JUICE...CEDonTREES.html

·
Registered
773 Posts
i'm interested too, my hydro man told me that it'll stand a 3 with 14's and 3 pumps...

(extended upper trailing arms and shortened driveshaft)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by juiceman@Oct 1 2003, 03:13 PM
Sup, i got a 96' lincoln towncar thats in the the shop right now getting hydraulics installed..3 pumps.. 2 banks of 4 heavy ass batteries along the sides, but heres a question for the towncar owners ..

What size cylinders will give me a standing 3,
im not a fan of a chain-bridge but is it better to get bigger cylinder such as 16" or 18" without chains..or instead of a chain-bridge with smaller cylinders ?
you don't want chains danglin in tha rear, why not stick a small spring in there somewhere to keep the chain tight. You know, somethin that will let the chains move freely but at the same tim e they will keep the chains from danglin'.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
i worked on a 94 that had four pumps and 14 batteries and it wouldnt pause but it only had 12 inch cyl. i would say if the batts are in the right spot and you have 14's or maybe 16's it would do it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts