LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
listen guys i was thinking bout double pumping the back of the caddy will it do a standing three with out a bridge im guessing i need a bridge cuz this thing is hard to three at all atleast with one pump thats how it is now could it be the shocks?i got 12' s out back and a pro hopper double dump set up on the back i only gott 6 bats so wheight is low butt even with an added 700b ounds itll barley pull up when sitting still peace out guys ;)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wus up guys you gonna reply or what does any one know the answer to this :angry:

·
Registered
534 Posts
depends... my brothers old Cadillac would 3 with a 2 pump 4 battery setup, after the a bridge (not chained) was installed it would NOT 3 at all after that... when one side would lift it would bring the other side up with it also (slightly but enough to not let it teeter over.) It probably could have been corrected but he traded it for a 63 SS ... I personally would recommend atleast 14's in the rear to sit a nice 3.. I could sit a 3 on 10's on a G body.. but it was only like an 1 or so...

NOW you have a response... :biggrin:

Oh yeah,... btw.. I would talk to Cadillac Bob.. he LOOKS like he knows what hes doing with his cadillac... I don't know him personally though..

Last edited by juicdcutlass at Nov 18 2003, 11:33 AM

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice to know some one cares im gonna pm him thanx dogg :wave:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey bro what kind of ride do you have because you should be able
to do a pretty good rollin three with 12's in back take your shocks
off if there already not makes a lot of difference. Do you still have
your shocks on. :cool:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i do still have my stock shocks on still butt would it make that big of a difference :uh:

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
my caddy wouldnt stand 3 with 14" cylinders 2 pumps to the back and 8 batterys in the corners, had to bridge it to get to stand 3 :uh:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah you'r going to need a bridge for a standing three but you
should get a better rolling three without your shocks it does make a
differance besides you'll probably rip em off anyways. :cool:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well im gonna have to get started on a bridge what should i use i was thinking 6"c channel do i have to run the cyls through the bridge my cutlass was like that i probably will i just gotta get the torches filled and some metal should i put the chains in as close to the pumpkin as i can and what about up tophow close r the chains together :uh:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yah put your chains as close to the pumpkin as you can and on your
bridge about 10 inches apart and yeah i would put cyllanders through your bridge too.Hope that helps a little. :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
the best way is to cut off your stock spring perches and use some channel iron, yes put the cylinders through the c channel has to be wide enought for your prings i think 6" or maby 8" cant remember

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
iseen lona and sons used a 2 x box tubing i thinc c channel would b better i dont know if im ready to cut the purches yet can i do it with the body on thanx homie

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah just pull both your cyllanders and springs out and becareful welding by the gas tank or just take it out. :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
807 Posts
the stock rear shocks will limit it alot. i dont have a lac, but on my box it was limited. i took them off and was happy.

·
Registered
382 Posts
also to stand 3 you might need to put a chain bridge on there

·
Registered
56 Posts
i`ve got 85 regal with a 3 pump set up with 16 cylinders in rear coil over and a chained bridge . will do a 18 in power three with no problems . use a 6in c channel run cylinders thrue it on the pumpkin combine chains together up top 10 inches apart. looks like a V . peace homies stay low for life

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
THAT SOUNDS GOOD BUTT WILL I NEED A SPECIAL ROD TO WELD TO THE PUMPKIN ISNT IT CAST OR SOMETHING :uh: HOLLA BACK

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
take off the shocks or get the longer ones ;) we've got em for as low as 79.00

1 - 20 of 27 Posts