LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok last week i decided since its winter and i need new lo lo parts that i will just rebuild the bike from ground up! so i started off by sand blasting my frame in mechanics class and then got my buddie who owns a metal work shop to weld the tank and make skirts in the shape of a 3 on the back. then i been bondoing the tank and skirts and repeating the process. and soon to be done the sanding next week! :cheesy:. now we are deciding if i should rechrome my forks, steering wheel or what? but we have decided that we are making our own forks and handle bars out of chain links! :cool: i just gotta get the price of the chain, so he can weld me forks, handle bars, and sissy bar, and all i have to pay for is the chain, chroming and a mick dicks meal for labour then i am set! i will try and have progress pics up soon! :biggrin:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
has anyone ever seen forks made out of chain links?

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
its a cool idea but that will take some serius welding work.

on the safe side stack 4 chains on on top of one another to keep the strenght up

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I know of a bike frame made from chains - dunno about a fork. But since it seems you want to get serious with this - why don't you try to make chain links looking like the ones they use for necklaces? They look different and WAY better. That's gonna be HOT *blingbling* plus you could ice out your rims for that extra bling!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts