LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sb chevy 350 the starter starts to turn the fly wheel then all of the sudden the starter drive teeth gets stuck between the teeth of the fly wheel wtf??
Its not shims i have went form 0 to 8 all does the exact same thing. I have seen on some 350 there is a bracket on the back of the starter that bolts to the motor do i need that bracket??

·
TDMMC
10,886 Posts
Originally posted by RRG@Sep 1 2005, 07:35 PM~3736656
I have a sb chevy 350 the starter starts to turn the fly wheel then all of the sudden the starter drive teeth gets stuck between the teeth of the fly wheel wtf??
Its not shims i have went form 0 to 8 all does the exact same thing. I have seen on some 350 there is a bracket on the back of the starter that bolts to the motor do i need that bracket??
Did you just do a engine swap?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup just did one how do you tell if the fly wheel is bent???? do i have to take it off?

·
Registered
531 Posts
if its not the flywheel replace the starter. sounds like the bendix is not disengaging to me. the bracket your talking about is just for added support. you can get by without it if you have to

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya i have went through 3 starters all ready trying to find the problem! Ill try the bracket first once i find one, if that dont work i think it has to be the fly wheel??

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont know i told the auto part guy 82 350 and he gave me a starter. I guess ill count the teeth on the flywheel i never thought of that!

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by RRG@Sep 2 2005, 01:35 AM~3736656
did you get a shim tool with your starter? lil rod that goes between the teeth and the starter shaft?

it is drops out its too loose ... if it sticks out its too tight ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts