LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really need some help... i wont to have my bike up to par... i need to know any thing from painting the bike, how would i go about making the paint job have that cany look... tips on how to make a custom fork.... thinks it would really help my school is letting me do this for a project so i wont to take advanteg of this oppertunity
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,956 Posts
to make a frame: do stencil in cardboard, cut your metal 1/16 thickness, weld it in place, grind the welds, put putties, sand a lot , prime it, to see all the defect and redo the putties at the defect place, then re-prime, sand the primer, lay the base coat and after lay a couple of coat of clear

to make custom fender: do stencil in cardboard, cut your metal 1/16 thickness, weld it in place, grind the welds, put putties, sand a lot, prime it, to see all the defect and redo the putties at the defect place, then re-prime, sand the primer a little bit with grit 600, lay the base coat and after lay a couple of coart of clear
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
Originally posted by detroit_lowrider@Oct 9 2006, 05:46 PM~6336570
i really need some help... i wont to have my bike up to par... i need to know any thing from painting the bike, how would i go about making the paint job have that cany look... tips on how to make a custom fork.... thinks it would really help my school is letting me do this for a project so i wont to take advanteg of this oppertunity
appearantly you do
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,956 Posts
the frame


stencil in cardboard


weld in place


puttie


ready to prime


primer


base coat and patern



clear

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,520 Posts
Originally posted by lowrid3r@Oct 9 2006, 06:47 PM~6337005
hes goin to think you welded the cardboard  :roflmao:
stop fuckin with the new guy. hes asking for help. :uh:
 

·
Class Act
Joined
·
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by lil_guy@Oct 9 2006, 08:51 PM~6337043
stop fuckin with the new guy. hes asking for help. :uh:
yeah but the shit gets old someone has to post a how to on this shit and keep it pinned :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok now that i have the frame bonded in the design that i have in place.... where do i get the paint from so i can get the candy paint look... oh and where do i get the puttie from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,348 Posts
hey mate....you can get putty or body filler from auto stores and places like that...im not too sure about the paint though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by mitchell26@Oct 9 2006, 08:10 PM~6337167
hey mate....you can get putty or body filler from auto stores and places like that...im not too sure about the paint though...
good look my dude.... its just body filler....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,520 Posts
wal-mart sells candys in a spray can. you should check that out. will save you money. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
Originally posted by lil_guy@Oct 9 2006, 07:16 PM~6337215
wal-mart sells candys in a spray can. you should check that out. will save you money. :cool:
:nono: your going to have blotchs and tiger stripes if you use those
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by lowrid3r@Oct 9 2006, 08:48 PM~6337423
:nono: your going to have blotchs and tiger stripes if you use those
not true, not if you know how to lay down a good paint job.

the key is using the matching paint brands. dont mix the duplicolor "anodize it" with the cheap 99 cent clear and silver base. Ive made it work, it can be done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,928 Posts
if i were him i wouldnt even attempt a candy paint job
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
Originally posted by excalibur@Oct 9 2006, 08:02 PM~6337517
not true, not if you know how to lay down a good paint job.

the key is using the matching paint brands. dont mix the duplicolor "anodize it" with the cheap 99 cent clear and silver base.  Ive made it work, it can be done.
lil guy is talkn about the small 4oz from the makers of hok kandy model spray paint at walmart a key to laying down a decent kandy paint job is laying down a even coat of kandy, kinda hard to do with only 4oz of paint in each can
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top