LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 deville 4.9
when i turn the key nothing happens.. the dash say starting disabled due to anti theft system. and it says wait 3 minuits.. after 3 min. i turn the key and same thing happens.. car was fine yesterday.. is there anyway to bypass the anti theft..
my key has a chip.. could it be that? any info appreciated....

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
try getting out of the car looking the doors and waiting 3 minutes. then unlock the door with your key and get in, then try. most factory gm alarms disarm if you use the key to unlock the door.

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Its either the resistor pellet key you have is bad, or the ignition lock cylinder needs changed.

There's a way to disable the VATS system but that'll make your car much easier to steal. All you have to do is measure the resistance of the resistor on your key then solder a resistor inline with the two VATS wires.

I'd just find a new lock cylinder so its done right.....

·
Registered
427 Posts
or you can try putting some of that graphite shit in the lock and see if it works but more than likely you need to do some work on it also try to see if your key is dirty

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Sep 9 2005, 11:00 AM~3783050
Its either the resistor pellet key you have is bad, or the ignition lock cylinder needs changed.

There's a way to disable the VATS system but that'll make your car much easier to steal. All you have to do is measure the resistance of the resistor on your key then solder a resistor inline with the two VATS wires.

I'd just find a new lock cylinder so its done right.....
WHATS THE VATS WIRE COLORS... WHERE EXACTLY ARE THEY LOCATED

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by 71rivi@Sep 9 2005, 04:48 PM~3784436
WHATS THE VATS WIRE COLORS... WHERE EXACTLY ARE THEY LOCATED
They are under the steering column, follow down from your ignition switch.

There is a grey tube looking thing (very small like the size of a normal 16 gauge wire) inside that are the two VATS wires. This is ran down your column in a bundle of wires.

They are SMALL! Be careful when you strip them, they are really small wires. If I remember right, they are orange. You can't miss it because there's something on the grey sheathing that says warning or do not remove or some shit....hell its been 4years since I did the remote start on my 95 Deville so i'm going by memory :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
its either a Yellow sheath, or a grey sheath. when you pry them appart they should be two white wires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts