LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wouldnt it be better to run a solid steel line from the trunk to the front hydros and then run a smaller chunk of hydraulic hose for the flexing? or doesnt it matter? are the solid steel lines more fragile :0 or have a lower pressure capabilities? and if there good where would i go about commandeering :biggrin: some for ME RIDE EH? :cool: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :machinegun: :roflmao: :wave: :wave: :guns: :dunno:

·
Registered
96 Posts
what about using braided stainless line? They shouldnt expand as much as a regular hydro line.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by 3wheelnlincoln@Dec 31 2003, 05:19 PM
one of my freinds tryed that in his hopper and it didnt hop as high. It was alot cleaner but lost performance
damn, must have downsized the line or something...

or bent too many restrictions into it..

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
i would think the reason for this is..

because of all the sharp bends being put into the lines, whereas the hoses have more of a long arcing curve to them..

if you avoid 90° bends as much as you can, you should be cool..

also, remember that 3/8 tube has a smaller ID than 3/8 hose...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Originally posted by TOWN CAR92@Dec 31 2003, 09:58 PM
that is not what i wanted to here.....can some other people post on this topic....is this true????
He's right!! C'mon yall post!! I'm about to hardline my setup as well and would like to hear from people out there so post replies!!!

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
Well the way i see it is if your car is setup correctly it will be fine with whatever type hoses you run. I Now do 1/2" steel line fo all the lines you can see in the trunk and run them into bulkheads to rubber hoses to the cylinders.

My car hops just fine and the trunk is setup for show with lots of bends. So if you are that worried about the performance being cut down make sure u use 1/2" and dont make any more sharp bends than u have to

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Probably two big reasons for the hose
1- here it costs me $70.00 for 24' of stainless hardline
2- You have to have the bender and flnging tools to do it right
( ive got about $300.00 into mine all parker)
Oh yae i forgot each time you have a connection to a fitting those nuts and sleves run almost $5.00
Personally I like hardline better

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by impalasonly+Jan 1 2004, 05:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (impalasonly @ Jan 1 2004, 05:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--TOWN CAR92@Dec 31 2003, 09:58 PM
that is not what i wanted to here.....can  some other people post on this topic....is this true????
He's right!! C'mon yall post!! I'm about to hardline my setup as well and would like to hear from people out there so post replies!!![/b][/quote]
OK, yes you can do that if you want. But just keep in mind that the regular two-braid hose that we all use typically has a higher burst pressure (17,000 psig) than steel pipe.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by Big Doe@Jan 1 2004, 07:11 PM
Well the way i see it is if your car is setup correctly it will be fine with whatever type hoses you run. I Now do 1/2" steel line fo all the lines you can see in the trunk and run them into bulkheads to rubber hoses to the cylinders.

My car hops just fine and the trunk is setup for show with lots of bends. So if you are that worried about the performance being cut down make sure u use 1/2" and dont make any more sharp bends than u have to
what wall thickness is in your car?

And

Steel (painted?)
or stainless polished??

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
im gonna do it with mine, but the homies say the same thing about hoses are better for hopping.

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo+Jan 3 2004, 09:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Volv_lo @ Jan 3 2004, 09:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Big Doe@Jan 1 2004, 07:11 PM

what wall thickness is in your car?

And

Steel (painted?)
or stainless polished??[/b][/quote]
My lines have a wall thickness of .049 and are stainless steel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts