LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo can n e onehelp me out here> i have an 86 buick regal and when i am driving an i hit the brake my car pulls to the right and shit does n e one know wat it can be. But it only does it when i brake and when i am driving i can let go of the wheel and it goes str 8 ass a bullet. And at first i took it to get an alignment and the guys told me that it was not the alignment that it was something with thebrakes but could not tell me like what. So ne help would be helpful. thanx.....

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
there are two bolts that hold the caliper on the spindle on each side(in the front). they come off with a 3/8 allen. i would put just a little bit of grease on them and make sure that they are not bent or any thing. MAKE SURE NOT TO GET ANY GREASE ON YOUR PADS OR ROTOTRS!! i would also bleed the lines and adjust the rear shoes.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have checked all the lines and the pads. They all look good an not pinched n e where. i also have checked all the fluids. I was tod tat it could be that my caliper seized or that it could be my master cylinder that went bad. N e help would or advice will be appreciated. :cool: :biggrin:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bleeded the brakes and it kinda helped but it didin't go away. So i think i am just gonna get new calipers and new lines. Would like to get braided lines n e one know where i can get some?

·
Banned
1,572 Posts
you're not kiddin around, did you grease the caliper bolts/sliders like was said before that can do it right there, and if you put new pads in, it may be hard to tell how they are wearing, but compare both sides, but also look at the top and bottom of each pad, sometimes, the piston can be bent, or crooked and push on one side of the brake pad more than the other. new calipers and lines is going to be $$$$ but might be worth it too if you are building a show car.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally i got my cr running fine again it was the Brake Caliper. I got oneat autozone for 11.99. And that did the trick now it stopped pulling so i am rid of that problem bu i would still like the beaided brkelines n e one know where i could get them from or n e one have some on thier car and have pics to show?

Well thanks to all that replied and let ke rolling ... :cool: ;)

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by DiRtYsOuTh ReGaL@Aug 25 2003, 11:41 PM
Finally i got my cr running fine again it was the Brake Caliper. I got oneat autozone for 11.99. And that did the trick now it stopped pulling so i am rid of that problem bu i would still like the beaided brkelines n e one know where i could get them from or n e one have some on thier car and have pics to show?

Well thanks to all that replied and let ke rolling ... :cool: ;)
did you replace both of them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts