LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i turn the steering wheel too far right i can feel in the wheel it grinding and turning real rough. And it makes a silent grind sound in the steering wheel.

i wonder if it has anything to do with the clicking sounds coming from my left wheel when i turn right.

i replaced the powersteering pump not too long ago...

i wonder what it could be,...

EDIT: Its NOT the loud screeching you get when you turn too hard.. its not that.

Last edited by Torx at Nov 9 2003, 09:45 AM

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by Torx@Nov 9 2003, 11:00 AM
When i turn the steering wheel too far right i can feel in the wheel it grinding and turning real rough. And it makes a silent grind sound in the steering wheel.

i wonder if it has anything to do with the clicking sounds coming from my left wheel when i turn right.

i replaced the powersteering pump not too long ago...

i wonder what it could be,...

EDIT: Its NOT the loud screeching you get when you turn too hard.. its not that.
what kind of car?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
My car makes a similar noise on full left lock. I investigated and found it to be two things: One was the tyre just rubbing on the chassis, and the other was the metal steering stop contacting the chassis and making a noise when the suspension moved up and down.

If your car is front wheel drive it could be a worn CV joint on one of the driveshafts. These sometimes make a clicking sound when worn and the steering is turned (whilst driving).

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by M-827@Nov 9 2003, 08:40 PM

If your car is front wheel drive it could be a worn CV joint on one of the driveshafts. These sometimes make a clicking sound when worn and the steering is turned (whilst driving).
thats what i was thinking.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Originally posted by Foompla@Nov 9 2003, 06:23 PM

thats what i was thinking.
I thought you might be sniffing up the same tree as me . . . . :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts