LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 87 regal has a tilt wheel and it some how has became very sloppy! i can pick the wheel up about and inch and move it about. whats the problem?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by skandalouz@Jan 3 2004, 05:03 PM
shear pin maybe!
dont want to sound dumb, but theres that located?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my old man said it was a pain in the ass to get inside the colun where there would be something broke....THIS SUCKS

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
My cutlass was doing the same thing :(
The repair shop wanted a grip($) to fix it too
My Dad said to go to the junkyard and find one there....So I did and got really lucky cause I found one in perfect shape and the same color too(It was from a 4dr cutty ;) )
So now Im straight :biggrin:
Go to your local yunkyard and good luck :cool:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by 1morecutty@Jan 3 2004, 09:44 PM
My cutlass was doing the same thing :(
The repair shop wanted a grip($) to fix it too
My Dad said to go to the junkyard and find one there....So I did and got really lucky cause I found one in perfect shape and the same color too(It was from a 4dr cutty ;) )
So now Im straight :biggrin:
Go to your local yunkyard and good luck :cool:
im sure i could just repair this one

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by 1morecutty+Jan 3 2004, 09:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1morecutty @ Jan 3 2004, 09:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mark@Jan 3 2004, 08:46 PM
im sure i could just repair this one
Just trying to give you options :biggrin:

Good luck :cool:[/b][/quote]
i know, and thanks. but i have seen the g-bodys at the junk yard....a little less then nice.. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
210 Posts
i have fix this problem in a few different cars. there are four bolts that hold the nuckle for the tilt. those bolts come loose you just need to pull the column apart and tighten them

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
^^^ he's right on the $$ ... really easy but a real pain in the ass also....take the wheel off, remove the turn signal & light mechanism, and the lock cylinder, then lock tight those 4 bolts and cranck em down thats about it. :0

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i found 2 screws that where loose...had my dad (much bigger man than i am) crank them fuckers down. i guess there is 2 more screws...i couldnt see them... but its back to where is used to be

1 - 13 of 13 Posts