LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added oil to my pumps but the rear of my car is still not lifting. does anybody know what to check for next and do solenoids make a noise when there bad
When I hit the rear switch I hear like a grinding sound but I'm not sure if its the solenoids or the motor making it. :angry:

·
Registered
8 Posts
if solenoids are bad hey shouldn't make a noise. Try to bypass the solenoids. First check your oil level. Make sure it is one inch bleow the filler hole. After that is done get another car and a set of jumper cables. Hook up one side to the running jumper car. Then connect the ground to your pump block and tap the positive to the positive lead on your rear motor. ( it is a 4 gauge wire that connects to your motor. Tap it repeatedly. You should hear the motor turning slowly and the car should raise. If the motor don't turn...bad motor. If it whines and doesn't lift recheck oil. The car should lift this way. If it does and your solenoids are not making noise. Try charging the batteries and tapping each of the rear solenoids with a screw driver. This frees them up. Then after a deep charge. Try with your switch box again and you should be good.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Laid Often@Sep 11 2006, 07:47 PM~6152979
if solenoids are bad hey shouldn't make a noise.  Try to bypass the solenoids.  First check your oil level.  Make sure it is one inch bleow the filler hole.  After that is done get another car and a set of jumper cables.  Hook up one side to the running jumper car.  Then connect the ground to your pump block and tap the positive to the positive lead on your rear motor. ( it is a 4 gauge wire that connects to your motor.  Tap it repeatedly.  You should hear the motor turning slowly and the car should raise.  If the motor don't turn...bad motor.  If it whines and doesn't lift recheck oil.  The car should lift this way.  If it does and your solenoids are not making noise.  Try charging the batteries and tapping each of the rear solenoids with a screw driver.  This frees them up.  Then after a deep charge.  Try with your switch box again and you should be good.
thanks homie

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
noids do makes noise when bad
get a volt meeter and desconnect the cable that goes to the motor annd check your noids

·
GetDwn
1,503 Posts
thats some good advice, pretty interesting how to check the motor with jumper cables....wish i wouldve tried that before switching my motors to see if one was bad. wouldve saved me some time and work. good lookin out.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
id bet money its a gear issue............could be a broken gear,but my first guess would be oil levels

1 - 6 of 6 Posts