LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by caprice on dubz@Nov 9 2003, 12:11 PM
nice need wire though
yer i know , if ya look at the interior and the engine bay , i done it up stock , so i kept the stock wheels since findin wire wheels over here is like findin a needle in a hay stack

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Originally posted by 64_impalas+Nov 9 2003, 01:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (64_impalas @ Nov 9 2003, 01:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Purpura Delujo@Nov 9 2003, 12:17 PM
It does look good but you need to do the chrome trim on your models ;)
yer i do , when i get a finer paint brush i will get round to doin that[/b][/quote]
No, don't do them free hand, buy some Tamiya masking tape, and then after the paint on the body has dried and partly cured, you put the masking tape over the trim parts, then push it on firmly all over the tape, so you can see the trims outlines, then you take a really sharp scalpal and slowly start to run it along where the trim bas is, then when you've finished the whole trim piece you remove the masking tape that is on the trim, then use a smallish paintbrush and paint silver on it, not too much, then pull the masking tape off the body and it should of come out with a clean mask, next time I mask my next model I will send you a few step by step photos so it is easier to understand if you like.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Purpura Delujo+Nov 9 2003, 12:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Purpura Delujo @ Nov 9 2003, 12:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2003, 01:21 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Purpura Delujo
@Nov 9 2003, 12:17 PM

yer i do , when i get a finer paint brush i will get round to doin that
No, don't do them free hand, buy some Tamiya masking tape, and then after the paint on the body has dried and partly cured, you put the masking tape over the trim parts, then push it on firmly all over the tape, so you can see the trims outlines, then you take a really sharp scalpal and slowly start to run it along where the trim bas is, then when you've finished the whole trim piece you remove the masking tape that is on the trim, then use a smallish paintbrush and paint silver on it, not too much, then pull the masking tape off the body and it should of come out with a clean mask, next time I mask my next model I will send you a few step by step photos so it is easier to understand if you like.[/b][/quote]
alright then

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Originally posted by 64_impalas+Nov 9 2003, 01:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (64_impalas @ Nov 9 2003, 01:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Purpura [email protected] 9 2003, 12:27 PM

No, don't do them free hand, buy some Tamiya masking tape, and then after the paint on the body has dried and partly cured, you put the masking tape over the trim parts, then push it on firmly all over the tape, so you can see the trims outlines, then you take a really sharp scalpal and slowly start to run it along where the trim bas is, then when you've finished the whole trim piece you remove the masking tape that is on the trim, then use a smallish paintbrush and paint silver on it, not too much, then pull the masking tape off the body and it should of come out with a clean mask, next time I mask my next model I will send you a few step by step photos so it is easier to understand if you like.
alright then[/b][/quote]
Make no sense?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Originally posted by Purpura Delujo+Nov 8 2003, 07:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Purpura Delujo @ Nov 8 2003, 07:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

No, don't do them free hand, buy some Tamiya masking tape, and then after the paint on the body has dried and partly cured, you put the masking tape over the trim parts, then push it on firmly all over the tape, so you can see the trims outlines, then you take a really sharp scalpal and slowly start to run it along where the trim bas is, then when you've finished the whole trim piece you remove the masking tape that is on the trim, then use a smallish paintbrush and paint silver on it, not too much, then pull the masking tape off the body and it should of come out with a clean mask, next time I mask my next model I will send you a few step by step photos so it is easier to understand if you like.[/b][/quote]
You just described the reverse of using bare metal foil, haven't tried it yet?

K. Diaz

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by BigPoppa+Nov 9 2003, 12:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigPoppa @ Nov 9 2003, 12:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Purpura [email protected] 8 2003, 07:27 PM

K. Diaz[/b][/quote]
na i havent , and it dont look all that good either i reckon , ya could get the same result from paintin chrome paint or model master chrome silver

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Originally posted by 64_impalas+Nov 8 2003, 07:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (64_impalas @ Nov 8 2003, 07:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2003, 12:37 PM

K. Diaz
na i havent , and it dont look all that good either i reckon , ya could get the same result from paintin chrome paint or model master chrome silver[/b][/quote]
You, my friend, are way off base. Bare metal foil is, to be blunt, the SHIT!!! It's real metal, real shiny, and a million times better than silver paint. If you take the trouble to mask all the trim and paint it, you should have no problem using BMF.

As far as directions, check out the model links post, I think my directions are in there somewhere. You have the right idea though.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa+Nov 8 2003, 07:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigPoppa @ Nov 8 2003, 07:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2003, 12:37 PM

K. Diaz

na i havent , and it dont look all that good either i reckon , ya could get the same result from paintin chrome paint or model master chrome silver
You, my friend, are way off base. Bare metal foil is, to be blunt, the SHIT!!! It's real metal, real shiny, and a million times better than silver paint. If you take the trouble to mask all the trim and paint it, you should have no problem using BMF.

As far as directions, check out the model links post, I think my directions are in there somewhere. You have the right idea though.

K. Diaz[/b][/quote]
what he said, why go the trouble of painting the chroem , then it just looks painted, BMF is the shit

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by Purpura Delujo@Nov 8 2003, 08:00 PM
I can't find BMF around my parts, even at my model shop :uh:
go to a hardware store and get a roll of the chrome tape used for A/C ductwork. its the same stuff. and you get a big ass role for $5 rather than a little ass sheet for $9 ;)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Nov 11 2003, 07:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Nov 11 2003, 07:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Purpura Delujo@Nov 8 2003, 08:00 PM
I can't find BMF around my parts, even at my model shop  :uh:
go to a hardware store and get a roll of the chrome tape used for A/C ductwork. its the same stuff. and you get a big ass role for $5 rather than a little ass sheet for $9 ;)[/b][/quote]
beats the shit im doing.. im acually using aluminum foil with that clear glue...shitty job.. :angry:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by Rat Rodder+Nov 11 2003, 07:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Rodder @ Nov 11 2003, 07:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -The Mad [email protected] 11 2003, 07:13 PM
@Nov 8 2003, 08:00 PM
I can't find BMF around my parts, even at my model shop  :uh:

go to a hardware store and get a roll of the chrome tape used for A/C ductwork. its the same stuff. and you get a big ass role for $5 rather than a little ass sheet for $9 ;)
beats the shit im doing.. im acually using aluminum foil with that clear glue...shitty job.. :angry:[/b][/quote]
:ugh: Rat... Rat.... Rat...... :dunno: :ugh: i'll send you a couple strips when i send this next shippment ok bro ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts