LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 85 coupe deville fwd and my rear sags a lil and i was wonderin if anyone knows how to repair a factory air suspension

sometimes when i start it up the light says car is leveling but the compressor never comes on, or if anyone knows of a kit to bag the rear of my car i would be interested,
thanks

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I have stock air ride as well (on my direct competition Lincoln Continental, I have an '85 as well as a '87) Is it modified at all, the compressors do burn out if you have a leakeing end bcause they are meant for levling instead of pumping up from rock bottom and since they dont have a storage tank, its direct air, which means hard work. Im not familiar with how it knows the ride height on those. On my car its a primitive stretch sensor. if it slips it can tell the computer the incorrect height so it will not fix. The third case could be a malfuctioning comp. I dont kno the avaliablilty of Caddy comps, but from my research, it really isnt worth your time to replace or fix the stock system. It would be much more beneficial to just go to the aftermarket and use switches or meld the two, and use aftermarket equipment alongside your sensors and computer. It can be done...

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
yeah, just get a bag kit from an air ride company. Stock replacements will be an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thanks for the help,

no its not modified but i would like to i was wonderin if i could find some adapters to atach air lines to my air bags cuz they look like new, for right now i don't need f b s s i just need to get the ass end off the ground

and another question how do i post my ride in the rides section

1 - 4 of 4 Posts