LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
not much at all sab.... Here's what happened to jose's monte carlo from hopping it without reinforcement.... :0

Attachments

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
hey unlimited... you must hate that car...lol

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by northcoastrida@Sep 5 2005, 01:18 AM~3753512
How much abuse can a non-reinforced frame take before it snaps or twists?

2 pumps, 8 batterys, full stack of 4.5 doing between 36-46 inches. Just wondering

you will never get full use out of the springs if you dont make the frame stronger. if the frame is flexible, the springs arent going to produce any energy.

·
Registered
783 Posts
my homboys cutty went bout five years without renforcement. then again it was only a weekend cruiser and the hopping was potato chippin at best and was rare. he 3 wheeled every now and then. with 2 pumps and 8 batts. the frame was still in good condition when he renforced it and and added more batts and another pump. but i think anyones results may vary. as noone every hits there switch the same and some poeple cant stop showin offf(hopping and 3 wheellin)
get your weak points done at least if you value your car

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Originally posted by northcoastrida@Sep 4 2005, 11:18 PM~3753512
How much abuse can a non-reinforced frame take before it snaps or twists?

2 pumps, 8 batterys, full stack of 4.5 doing between 36-46 inches. Just wondering
Its not going to snap, itll most likely put a spring though the frame or tear off the upper A- arm mounts first

·
Registered
638 Posts
Bottom line, get your frame FULLY wrapped if you care about keeping your car, if not then keep hopping on a stock frame and see how fast things start breaking. A-arm ears tear off, rear humps snap, frame twists from three wheeling and my favorite is to watch the crossmember cave in, have fun. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Originally posted by 85REGAL@Sep 5 2005, 02:03 PM~3756474
Bottom line, get your frame FULLY wrapped if you care about keeping your car, if not then keep hopping on a stock frame and see how fast things start breaking. A-arm ears tear off, rear humps snap, frame twists from three wheeling and my favorite is to watch the crossmember cave in, have fun. :biggrin:
That happened to me!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Originally posted by ONE8SEVEN@Sep 5 2005, 11:56 AM~3755747
yea really, what did that poor car ever do to u?
nothing. i got it for cheap and threw it together in 2 days for a show just to hopp, ive hopped this car many times at the shop while testing and changing gears and have'nt seen any signs of tweaking or bending of the frame, the picture i posted is not on the bumper, but the bug is worked out and is on it now, the car and frame will last, but it depends on the user, if your not a good switchman it will not last long.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Unlimited are you saying that if someone is good on the switch you won't NEED to reinforce the frame? Are you for real? you have to realize how many people on here are going to take that and run with it. Just because you don't see any signs right now of the damage you are doing does not mean that your frame is still like it was when it came from the factory. Be responsible and let people know the truth bro.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by Unlimited Hustle@Sep 5 2005, 06:55 PM~3757604
nothing. i got it for cheap and threw it together in 2 days for a show just to hopp, ive hopped this car many times at the shop while testing and changing gears and have'nt seen any signs of tweaking or bending of the frame, the picture i posted is not on the bumper, but the bug is worked out and is on it now, the car and frame will last, but it depends on the user, if your not a good switchman it will not last long.

about time someone tells the truth about reinforcing...switch timing and spring size has alot to do with it its people who abuse the car breakes..i would at least hit the pressure points dont take long to weld up real quick... :cool:

·
Registered
638 Posts
:uh: With that type of mentality your car will not last either, the TRUTH is, a car that is not properly wrapped will break no matter how good you are on the switch.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts