LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought we'd share some pics of our trucks, we put them side by side so you can see the difference in height the red one ( my truck ) was never complete after dropping it upside down on the concrete but my homeboys is ( the orange one and the original ) :)

big homies stock--------------------my truck-------------------big homies custom

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry about the pics but for some reason i'm having problems with my photobucket :dunno: (again) :uh:

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
nice trucks!
urs looks pretty done to me.
how did ur homie do those patterns? tape?
and your paint is marble?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Next_Level@Aug 11 2005, 10:26 PM~3598092
nice trucks!
urs looks pretty done to me.
how did ur homie do those patterns? tape?
and your paint is marble?
thanks :biggrin: my truck (red one) i sprayed silver flake, then layed out the pattern with a sharpie, after i sprayed clear red over it, and finally i sprayed a couple coats of clear ;) (my homeboys truck) 1st he sprayed silver, 2nd black and he tapped the paint with saran wrap, 3rd he sprayed clear orange and 4th he clear coated it :cool:

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
damn u did the patterns by hand with a sharpee? and no major fuk ups? and so no1 else corrects u, it aint "clear red" and "clear orange" its kandy red and kandy orange. kandy paints are transparent.

what kinda paint (brand ) u using?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Originally posted by Next_Level@Aug 11 2005, 09:46 PM~3598229
damn u did the patterns by hand with a sharpee? and no major fuk ups? and so no1 else corrects u, it aint "clear red" and "clear orange" its kandy red and kandy orange. kandy paints are transparent.

this is the modeling world. There is plenty of clear red and clear orange

third row, 4 over

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Next_Level@Aug 11 2005, 10:46 PM~3598229

clear paint, transparent paint, see thru paint, whatever you want to call it :uh: but a real "candy" paint job is a lot more expensive than just "clear" paint ;)

i always use rattlecan, boyd's, testors, tamiya, dupli color, krylon, etc. etc...even cheap ass 99cent paint :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Cadi Luva@Aug 12 2005, 01:21 PM~3604913
damn the marblized very truck is tyte werk.. any more pics of it?
that's my homeboys truck, here's a couple pics of the early stages :)

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Aug 12 2005, 09:24 AM~3602838
this is the modeling world.  There is plenty of clear red and clear orange

third row, 4 over

lol my bad. well ive heard people refer to kandy as clear/tranparent paint so thats y i said it. i just learned (from u) that tamiya made clear paints.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts