LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'M GETTING STUFF TOGETHER TO PUT MY FIRST SET-UP(EVER) ON A 78 REGAL. ONE OF MY REAR SHOCKS IS ALREADY BAD AND I WAS WONDERING IF IT WAS WORTH THE TROUBLE TO REPLACE IT IF I'M GOING TO PUT JUICE ON. ALSO, HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO REPLACE THE STOCK SPRINGS WITH HOPPING COILS. IF IT IS IMPORTANT, WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES TO DOING A COIL-OVER SETUP IF I DON'T PLAN ON 3 WHEELING?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well I always do the coil over just so that I never lose a spring and have to go through that embaresment, that happend to me back in like 95, man I don't want to ever have that happen, me personally I never run shocks always take them off and I would Replace the springs, the stock arn't usally put through that kind of beating up and down all the time, if you are not hoppin and just for street, I would run 2 1/2 tons in the rear and like a 3ton up front, thats your best bet homie, just my .02, hope that helps a little :cool: Good Luck Bro

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
i would put shocks on get the ones from a z-71 chevy truck 4x4 like a 98 or so they will work get with 10" strokes. and 2ton pre cuts.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Originally posted by havok@Sep 25 2003, 09:16 PM
junk tha shocks
fuck that man helps smooth the ride makes it real nice.

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by LowriderLegend@Sep 25 2003, 11:54 PM
Well I always do the coil over just so that I never lose a spring and have to go through that embaresment, that happend to me back in like 95, man I don't want to ever have that happen, me personally I never run shocks always take them off and I would Replace the springs, the stock arn't usally put through that kind of beating up and down all the time, if you are not hoppin and just for street, I would run 2 1/2 tons in the rear and like a 3ton up front, thats your best bet homie, just my .02, hope that helps a little :cool: Good Luck Bro
THAT IS THE EXACT SET-UP I WAS THINKING OF DOING! THANX FOR THE ADVICE, I GUESS I'M NOT AS UNEXPERIENCED AS I THOUGHT!?!?

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BY THE WAY, DON'T YOU GET A LITTLE MORE LIFT IF YOU DO COIL OVERS? I THINK THATS WHAT I HEARD?!?!?

·
Registered
549 Posts
"JUNK THE SHOCKS, HOMIE" I THINK EVERYONE CAN AGREE WITH ME WHEN I SAY " WELCOME TO LOW RIDING" AT FIRST ULL BE EMBARRASSED CUZ UR HEAD IS GONNA LOOK LIKE A STUPID BOBBLE HEAD DOLL, AND PEEPS ARE GONNA LAUGH AT U :roflmao: BUT THEN U SAY FUQ U IN UR HEAD AND LOCK THE MUTHA FUQA UP AND THEN THEY SHUT UP AND LOOK THE OTHER WAY.......JUST SPEAKING FROM EXPIERENCE.......BUT I CAN SUGGEST IF UR NOT PLANNING ON HOPPING TAKE UR STOCK FRONT COILS AND PUT THEM IN THE REAR WITH ABOUT 4 TURNS AND GO WITH 2 1/2 TON IN THE FRONT..........IF U DO DECIDE TO GO WITH SHOCKS AND U GOT 12 INCH CYLINDERS OR HIGHER UR GONNA RIP THOSE FUQERS RIGHT OFF. AND IF U GOT 10'S THERE GONNA MESS UP ANWAYS BECAUSE OF ALL THE RAPID MOVEMENT .............. :dunno:
DEPENDS ON HOW U LIKE TO ROLL THOUGH :cool:

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
i got 12's in the back of my cutlass with shocks from a s10 4wheel drive and factory front coils cut about 4 turns with coil over and it works good and rides decent i had 2 tons in the back it road like shit and with out shocks its was really bouncy and heat score to the cops

·
Registered
284 Posts
you must be weak if your head moves like a bobble head ,you got juice not air ride NO SHOCKS NO ACCUMS having juice is about bounce no riding smooth.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
If this is your daily driver i would say keep the shocks, right now my cutlass has no shocks and it is my daily and some times it just pisses me off, like when im goin to work in at 6 in the mornin and am tired as fuck. If your just gonna take it out once in a while fuck the shocks its looks dope when there all bounce around, except you dont want any drunk ppl in your car if you dont have shocks :0

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Originally posted by havok@Sep 27 2003, 03:40 PM
you must be weak if your head moves like a bobble head ,you got juice not air ride NO SHOCKS NO ACCUMS having juice is about bounce no riding smooth.
man fuck that shit i ride my shit far and wide i'm a rider bro i love having a smooth ride . you go to chicago and ride the expressway with none and you tell me you love it.

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by HiLow@Sep 28 2003, 12:33 AM
If this is your daily driver i would say keep the shocks, right now my cutlass has no shocks and it is my daily and some times it just pisses me off, like when im goin to work in at 6 in the mornin and am tired as fuck. If your just gonna take it out once in a while fuck the shocks its looks dope when there all bounce around, except you dont want any drunk ppl in your car if you dont have shocks :0
NAH MAN! IT'S NOT MY DAILY, IT'S MY TOY! THANX FOR ALL THE HELP EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!! ANY OTHER ADVICE FOR A FIRST TIMER WOULD BE GREAT.

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT MY REGAL HAS A V-8 IN IT. ARE 3 TONS UP FRONT GONNA BE ENUF? ALSO WHO HAS BETTER SPRINGS BETWEEN CCE, PRO HOPPER, AND SHOWTIME? OR ARE THEY ALL ABOUT THE SAME?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts