LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 63 Impala 4 door, but I have yet to see it. By the time I get it shipped down here to me I'd like to have the system all parted out.

I'm wondering....where are the stock speaker locations in this thing? I imagine the rear deck would be one. I didn't see any in the doors from the pictures of Impalas that I've been looking at.

Would it be easier to build some kick panels and call it a day?

·
Registered
90 Posts
the little emblem on the rear seat has some i think and there are some in the dash i think

·
Registered
455 Posts
i worked on 1 once and it only had a 6x9 in the dash and a 6x9 in the rear deck. the owner went and bought some reproduction kick panels and we cut them up and put 6 1/2's in them ( the car was all orignal with only 35k miles). the kick panels were only made of cardboard so yuo could just make your own.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you remember where you got those kick panels? Sounds like something I'd be interested in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can get kick panels online for $75 without speakers that fit right in. Ebay has some as well. Just do a search for 63 impala kick plate and it should come up. I am looking for the same thing now for my 4 door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts