LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 s-10 w/ a 4 cyl. Can I cut the front springs down and put 8" cylinders in there till I get a better spring? I got the back almost done and have no coils for the front. Has anyone ever done this? It's gonna ride like crap huh :uh:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
are you using cups??? coil over???

if coils will end up going around your cups.

cc

·
Registered
962 Posts
The stock springs are two weak you could use stock springs out of a 1 ton dully in that truck. get them from a junk yard. Iv done that back in the day. If you have money buy a 2 1/2 ton will be fine

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well ill figure something out . Ill just get the rear finished first.I sort of went over budget and i guess Im shit outta luck for now. Maybe I will get some heavy truck springs. I just make the cups to size anyway. So whatever spring I get Ill fab good cups.Stock springs in a s-10 are weak though huh? I guess that means they compress easily? Or break. Im not going to be a hopper or dancer(yet) Just want to lowride. :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
You can go ahead and use your factory coils until you get some new ones. I did that in my old S10 and they were in there for around 6 months without any problems. If you have around $15 then you can go ahead and do the front too. All you have to do is buy the hole saw for the drill. I say go for it that way you can move all 4 corners instead of just the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts